LMA Quarterly Newsletter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMA Quarterly Newsletter

The 16th issue of this quarterly electronic newsletter has arrived in my email Inbox. It includes all kinds of interesting info, but these two facts may be of particular interest:
    Comings and Goings

Royal Free Hospital archives transferred to LMA

The Royal Free Hospital has transferred its archives, comprising both the Royal Free Hospital and London (Royal Free Hospital) School of Medicine for Women collections, to LMA. These are very significant collections for the history of public health provision and the role of women in providing it, and will greatly complement our existing holdings. Learn more here.

Diocese of Guildford collection has moved home

The records of the Diocese of Guildford, previously held at LMA, have been transferred to the Surrey History Centre in Woking which already held some material. With the agreement of the Bishop of Guildford, the whole of the collection has now been brought together in one place and located at a more relevant repository within the diocese. Jeff Gerhardt reports on this example of repositories working in partnership to facilitate access to archives.
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 20-02-14, 17:54.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Hi Christine

Those look interesting.

Do you remember how you subscribed to the newsletter as I'd be interested in receiving it but for the life of me I can't find anything on the website about it?
    Jackie

Comment

This is the page for joining the Newsletter:

But it does look like the general mailshot form... though it's from teh main LMA window here: http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/thing...s/default.aspx

It probably depends which preferences you tick.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine. I've signed up
        Jackie

Comment

Working...
        X