Family search submitter contact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family search submitter contact?

Does anyone know how to get the contact details of a submitter (akjackson5007) on Family Search the LDS site?

I don't know, but I've asked the question elsewhere. Will let you know what I get back.

STG
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

I asked support@familysearch.org for help in finding contact details for this submitter. Below is the answer I received. The two links they are talking about is that the two references they quote? And if it is what do with them?

Thank you for contacting FamilySearch asking for contact information for akjackson5007.

We are sorry to tell you that that information is not available for release. We are including links to a couple of documents that may be of help to you in searching for akjackson5007 in our older programs.

Thanks again.

In response to your recent inquiry, please click here to view the solutions to your support request.

If you have any additional issues or this does not resolve your current issue, please call us or access our customer service site for additional help by clicking this link. FamilySearch Product Support.

Sincerely,

FamilySearch
      Patron and Partner Services

ref:_00D301b00H._50030THrHI:ref
      ------ Your Question / Comment ------

Comment

in the old days, FS had contact information listed publicly on anything they submitted. recently however, they seem to not have any info on them at all. maybe that is a username of a current submitter, and therefore privacy protected? maybe you could ask them to forward a message to the account?

Comment

There may be a link on One World Tree or on Rootsweb Family Trees its worth a look to see if there is a contact link on either

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by clematised View Post
            There may be a link on One World Tree or on Rootsweb Family Trees its worth a look to see if there is a contact link on either

Edna
            Sorry how do I look for the contact details in these? As far as I can see i just get bit and pieces of info in OWT eg phone numbers etc.

Comment

One familysearch pedigree that I looked at today had the submitter's email address in the note field of the record. Obviously, that's a case-by-case choice.

Comment

The only reply I had to my query said:

I think if you click on their username when it shows in the history section, it either shows their email, or pulls up a box that will send the message to their email?

So, I assume that if it doesn't show up as clickable, the original user has set it up that way and can't be contacted.

Sorry not to have been more help.

STG
                Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Thanks all for the help.

Comment

Working...
                  X