Last try for Augustine's family.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last try for Augustine's family.

The information I have for my ggrandfather Augustine Ansboro on his army records is......born c 1852 in Tipperary, Ireland, his father was Martin. He married in Bangalore, India 20/05/1877 to Julia Henry.
    I have all his children's b certs, his 2nd marriage cert to Minna Collins 1895, Jubbulpore, India
    When he left the army he was a police sergeant in Jubbulpore. He died 13/12/1916 in Jubbulpore, I have his burial record in the correct surname although it is listed as AUSBORO.
    I have no information prior to this although it has been suggested that father Martin may have been in the Police Force and the wives often went "out of town" to give birth due to the troubles at the time.
    Seems to be a lot more Martin Ansboros on familysearch but I can't tie them in with Augustine.........

Maybe there is something you can see that I can't, could do with some help please - Thanks!
    Jacky

Originally posted by Tilly Mint View Post
    The information I have for my ggrandfather Augustine Ansboro on his army records is......born c 1852 in Tipperary, Ireland, his father was Martin. He married in Bangalore, India 20/05/1877 to Julia Henry.
    I have all his children's b certs, his 2nd marriage cert to Minna Collins 1895, Jubbulpore, India
    When he left the army he was a police sergeant in Jubbulpore. He died 13/12/1916 in Jubbulpore, I have his burial record in the correct surname although it is listed as AUSBORO.
    I have no information prior to this although it has been suggested that father Martin may have been in the Police Force and the wives often went "out of town" to give birth due to the troubles at the time.
    Seems to be a lot more Martin Ansboros on familysearch but I can't tie them in with Augustine.........

Maybe there is something you can see that I can't, could do with some help please - Thanks!
    Unfortunately Civil Reg for births did not start until 1864 in Ireland so you would be looking for Parish Records and that will depend on whether they were Catholic or not. Many of the Catholic parish records are not available to be searched on line or even at all.

I had a look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garda_S%C3%ADoch%C3%A1na to see if there was someone to contact for historical details of members of the Irish Police as that would seem a line of enquiry that might help for finding Martin and maybe any other children born later than Augustine.

Of course another problem could be that police officers were moved around for their own protection and to ensure unbiased conduct with those they policed so it could be children were born all over the place.

Have you looked to see if Martin may have gone to India too and died there? What were the names of Augustine's female children? could any have his mother's first name?

Sorry can't be more positive.
    Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
      Unfortunately Civil Reg for births did not start until 1864 in Ireland so you would be looking for Parish Records and that will depend on whether they were Catholic or not. Many of the Catholic parish records are not available to be searched on line or even at all.

I had a look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garda_S%C3%ADoch%C3%A1na to see if there was someone to contact for historical details of members of the Irish Police as that would seem a line of enquiry that might help for finding Martin and maybe any other children born later than Augustine.

Of course another problem could be that police officers were moved around for their own protection and to ensure unbiased conduct with those they policed so it could be children were born all over the place.

Have you looked to see if Martin may have gone to India too and died there? What were the names of Augustine's female children? could any have his mother's first name?

Sorry can't be more positive.
      Margaret
      Thanks for looking in, Margaret. I will take a look at that link now. Augustine's daughters were, Philomena Mary, Agnes Augusta and Florence Mabel (my grandmother). Phenomena seems to run down through the family so I will see if I can tie this in. This family were Roman Catholics.
      Jacky

Comment

I see from the army record that he was born in Cloughpordan, Roscrea, Tipperary and that he was Roman Catholic so it might be worth identifying the church/churches that might be involved and seeing if they will look up the register of baptisms for you.
        Margaret

Comment

Oh, that's a good idea, Margaret....Will try to identify the church and make contact.
          Jacky

Comment

Just looking on google maps and see it's probably Cloughjordan and that's a village 15 miles outside Roscrea.

Margaret
            Last edited by margaretmarch; 14-02-14, 12:15.

Comment

sp

Thanks again, Margaret. I have just sent a few emails asking for help or any direction they may be able to give me.
              Last edited by Tilly Mint; 14-02-14, 13:03. Reason: spelling
              Jacky

Comment

Wow......I.have just received an e-mail from a heritage member and the are going to look for any info that may assist me move forward with this side of my family - how quick!
                Thanks for this direction, Margaret.
                Jacky

Comment

Wow......I.have just received an e-mail from a heritage member and the are going to look for any info that may assist me move forward with this side of my family - how quick!
                  Thanks for this direction, Margaret.
                  Wow! that's brilliant.

Comment

I'll keep you updated, Margaret !
                    Jacky

Comment

Hiya Jackie ....Garston branch of Ansboro .......
                      freebmd
                      1961 ... - look at mothers maiden name ............can`t find a marriage - one child has died the other 2 - I do know ...do any of these or mothers maiden name familiar to you ??
                      allan
                      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                        Hiya Jackie ....Garston branch of Ansboro .......
                        freebmd
                        1961 ... - look at mothers maiden name ............can`t find a marriage - one child has died the other 2 - I do know ...do any of these or mothers maiden name familiar to you ??
                        allan
                        Hiya Allan

I can't tie any of them into my tree. I see my 2nd cousin from Eton is there but her parents died when she was a toddler and she is grateful for the info I have shared. I really do need more info on Augustine so I can move both forward and backwards on my tree.

Thanks, Allan
                        Jacky

Comment

Jackie My Grandfather was born in Naini Tal up in the Mountains when his Father was working in Allahabad, People on the List told me that in Summer the ladies went there to have their children as it was much cooler for them.

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by clematised View Post
                            Jackie My Grandfather was born in Naini Tal up in the Mountains when his Father was working in Allahabad, People on the List told me that in Summer the ladies went there to have their children as it was much cooler for them.

Edna
                            Sorry, Edna I have put it the wrong way.....I meant Augustine's mum may have gone out of town to have him in Ireland.....Sorry, my fault for misleading you.
                            Thank you for your good intentions.
                            Jacky

Comment

Working...
                            X