god parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• god parents

is there anyway of finding out who god parents are? i know mine are called margaret and dave and they have 2 daughters and are from australia. but as i dont know surname or whereabouts in australia. or even where my christening was i'm abit stuck. my sister was only 7 and only remembers my grandad giving me a choc biscuit in my white gown, my nan gave me the names but cant remember where it was and i have pics outside our old house i was 4months old.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

A couple of years ago I saw the baptism book in the church where my daughter was christened in 1976. I was quite surprised to see the names of her godparents in it. Not sure about addresses though.
    You could work out a rough date for yours and then you'd have to work through the churches near where you lived and ask to see the book. Its a hard call for you now you've moved away and no one to ask but not impossible.
    Anne

Comment

Where were you living at the time, Amy? Perhaps try direct contact with the churches, they might have the records still as it wasn't so long ago.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

we were in peterborough, and there were alot of churches there. i will go back through the photos and see if i can work anything out regarding church as i'm sure some are outside of it and then contact them to see. i've got some good friends that would go and look for me.

if i can get a surname i am then 1 step ahead in trying to locate in australia. the last time i recall seeing them was when i was about 9 or 10, we couldnt find them in mums old adress book after she died.
        **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
        X