Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Pye marriage Kent

Hi.

Now I have the proof, I am researching Thomas Pye of Newlands Farm Charing Kent.

I am pretty sure he was born in 1787 in Bredgar, (thank you 'frazzled') I have his death, his will, newspaper information and his children, but I cannot find his marriage to his wife.

So I am looking for a marriage between Thomas Pye and Maria around 1804-1812, when their second child was born, in or around the Bredgar/Charing area, I believe it is close to Ashford and Canterbury (I wish I had known this last year as I was in the area)

Can anyone help please, there are possibles on FMP but I have used up all my credits!

Many thanks....
    Last edited by bubblebelle; 13-02-14, 11:27.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Sorry bubblebelle I have not been able to find a marriage for Thomas Pye to Maria in the Bredgar area or that time frame.

You are right Bredgar/Charing is close to Canterbury.

Sometimes couples went to London to marry and there is a marriage for a Thomas Pye to a Maria Cromp in St Margaret's Westminster in 1810 but this Maria is a widow. Have you any info on Maria, do you know where she came from?

Comment

This is the only other one I could find

Record source:West Middlesex Marriage Index
      Day:29
      Month:Apr
      Year:1810
      Groom Forenames:Thos
      Groom Surname:PYE
      Bride Forenames:Maria
      Bride Surname:SMITH
      Place:Edmonton
      County:Middlesex

just the index
      Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
      http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Thank you both, my cousin has suggested the Maria Smith one, I found it on Ancestry, but the banns only, I queried it as it indicates that both are 'of this parish.'

Thank you also for the info re Maria's marriage status for that particular marriage. I will keep it in mind.

Neither Maria or Thomas made old bones, so neither appear in the 1841 census. Maria's gravestone states she was born circa 1782 as she was 45 in 1827.

Thank you both once again. My friend on the Kent border says she will go to a records office for me, so maybe we will have some luck there, in the meantime I will check the surnames indicated within local baptisms and poss marriage for Crump just in case.
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Have pm'd you

Comment

Thank you
            Bubblebelle x

Comment

Working...
            X