Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Add pdf copies of Family Letters to Family Tree Maker 2014?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Add pdf copies of Family Letters to Family Tree Maker 2014?

Hello group:
    After many years of using PAF from Family Search Org, I recently purchased the 2014 version of Family Tree Maker.

I have many letters in my family history file, and several years ago, I scanned them into pdf files.

Does anyone know how I can have the pdf file print (show in my family history book), when publishing my family within Family Tree Maker?

Thank You
    delichef

I don't use the FTM book facility, but have had a look to see if I can help.
    I cannot see anyway of attaching or inserting the pdf file within the book.
    The only way I think you will be able to do it is to open the pdf file and "copy" the contents, then go to the FTM book and "paste".
    Elaine

Comment

FTM will only print text or image files, and unfortunately it doesn't recognise PDF files as image files. Therefore you will have to convert your PDF's to an image format such as JPG, and replace the PDF media in your FTM file with the JPG version.

There are several freeware programs that will do PDF conversion, as well as online conversion sites such as http://pdf2jpg.net/

cheers,
      Richard

Comment

Re: How To Add pdf copies of Family Letters to Family Tree Maker 2014?

Originally posted by Richard in Perth View Post
        FTM will only print text or image files, and unfortunately it doesn't recognise PDF files as image files. Therefore you will have to convert your PDF's to an image format such as JPG, and replace the PDF media in your FTM file with the JPG version.

There are several freeware programs that will do PDF conversion, as well as online conversion sites such as http://pdf2jpg.net/

cheers,
        Richard
        Hello Richard:
        Thanks for the tips. I will try them both and see which suits my needs. I'm surprised that FTM hasn't included this feature, I'm sure it has been requested.
        Delichef

Comment

Working...
        X