Military Page on Ancestry Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Page on Ancestry Trees

Just noticed beneath the Edit this person options they now have a Military Records option its brilliant

Is off to check that out then

I haven't really been on Ancestry much lately.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

thats odd its still on one of my Uncles records but not on my Grandfathers ?

Comment

I've noticed that Ancestry does seem to be making things disappear and my hints also wont go away for days. I keep on clicking them but they aren't new so why aren't they hiding like they used to?

I had a few written obits attached to some of my Thomas and Phillips relatives that I had obtained from the library and they've disappeared now. Hopefully what I've just written for Granddad Albi's military will stay up.

Comment

I'm about to email them to ask what happened

Comment

It's not showing up on my tree Val. Maybe being introduced gradually ???
            Elaine

Comment

Elaine I found it by clicking Edit person, Facts & Events, Add Event and then I spotted Military on the list. I'm not sure if this is what Val meant or not but I was able to do it.

Comment

ancestry.jpgthis is it really brings the army records to life

Comment

Does the military tag only show up if you have previously attached military records to that person?
                  Elaine

Comment

I dont understand at all Elaine I have army records attached to quite a few men, have looked through some and that link is not on any of them?? the only thing is this man did die in the war and his death cert is attached?

Comment

I'm wondering if its because he died in Hong Kong ? this is how the actual page appears, I do hope it will be available on all Army men

Comment

I don't use Ancestry trees, apart from uploading a copy of my FTM file so that a couple of relatives can view it. Cannot see this option against the few names I have checked, but then I don't attach records direct to the Ancestry tree, so maybe that is why.
                        Just had a glance through the message boards but can't see any recent reference to it either.
                        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                          I'm wondering if its because he died in Hong Kong ? this is how the actual page appears, I do hope it will be available on all Army men

http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/view/Mil...32768&pgpl=pid
                          That looks really good Val.
                          Elaine

Comment

Well that bit certainly isn't on any of my Military lot.

Comment

I've had a look on the Ancestry message boards but can't see a reference to it.
                              Val, the items on that page - are they all files/images that you have uploaded and attached, or are any of them files or photos available on Ancestry, maybe from other people's trees, which you have linked to your tree?
                              Elaine

Comment

All the images on that person are what I added myself from originals not from Ancestry records except his Birth record and The Army Roll of Honour , Elaine weird eh ??
                                Be interested to see what they have to say
                                Last edited by Guest; 09-02-14, 18:40.

Comment

Let us know when you get a reply. For those that use Ancestry trees, it looks like a good enhancement.
                                  Elaine

Comment

have edited to say I did add his Birth and Army roll of honour fron Ancestry

Comment

Still not there despite adding a few new Military items :D

Comment

its all very odd am waiting to find out why

Comment

Working...
                                        X