Missing Aunt from Liverpool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Aunt from Liverpool

I am trying to find out what happened to Emily Louise Jones. She was born in 1907 in West Derby. She is on the 1911 census with parents William Henry Jones and Emily Winsor but there the trail goes cold. There are quite a few marriages but with a name like Jones !
    Her sister Edith Jones was born in 1911 married George Alexander Grindley and died in tragic circumstances in 1951, but what happened to Emily ?
    Thanks

i'd note all the emily l. jones marriages, and try to kill off the women. if they lived to 1969, you can get date of birth.

Comment

Thanks, I was hoping there was an easy way !
      I`ll give it a go

Comment

Was Emily at her sister's wedding? Maybe she was a witness/bridesmaid. That would help to narrow the gap for possible marriage.

OC

Comment

Possibly, I will get her cert, thanks

Comment

dont know if you have her Baptism ?
            Emily Louise Jones
            13 Aug 1907
            Saint Silas Liverpool Lancaster
            Father William Henry
            Mother Emily

Comment

Absolute guess for Lancs, is she likely to have stayed in the area?

JONES Emily L West Derby Lancashire 1929 Oct-Nov-Dec to George H Chandler

? near baptism date

England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2007
              Name: Emily Louise Chandler
              Birth Date: 24 Jul 1907
              Date of Registration: Jun 1989
              Age at Death: 81
              Registration District: Liverpool
              Inferred County: Lancashire
              36/1026
              Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
              http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

I would have gone for that marriage too Elaine ,

Comment

Oh good, it was a long shot but just seemed to nicely fit
                  Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                  http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

yes I did see it but got called away, unless of course she never married ?

Comment

Thanks, yes, we are pretty sure she married. I did look at the Chandler marriage and then disregarded it but I can`t remember why.
                      I think I will need to get the marriage cert and specify fathers name or see if I can find any electoral rolls and get an address. I think there was a son`s birth as well !

Comment

Hiya Lyn - only posting because these occasions are 5 mile from where I live in Garston
                        St Silas is Liverpool 3
                        George Chandler / Emily Louise Jones married in St Francis Xavier church in 1929 - ALSO in Liverpool 3...there are 36 districts in Liverpool - so I would think that marriage is very very likely to be your Emily Louise Jones considering both occurred within 1/2 a mile of each other ...
                        Last edited by garstonite; 12-02-14, 08:03.
                        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Thank you so much Garston.
                          Do you ever go to the records office or do you know how I can verify this?
                          I just can`t afford to get the cert and find out it is wrong.

Thanks

Comment

No Lyn - sorry but I don`t go to the records office in Liverpool - it is always busy and a little overpowering for me - sorry...haven`t been for about 6 years
                            Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

No problem thanks anyway.
                              I will just have to get the cert putting her fathers name and have my fingers crossed !

Comment

George Chandler / Emily Louise Jones married in St Francis Xavier church in 1929 - ALSO in Liverpool 3...there are 36 districts in Liverpool - so I would think that marriage is very very likely to be your Emily Louise Jones considering both occurred within 1/2 a mile of each other ...

How did you know it was St Francis Xavier church ?

Comment

Lyn

The information garstonite gave about the place of marriage (St Francis Xavier) comes from the Lancsbmd site I expect.

OC
                                  Last edited by Olde Crone Holden; 13-02-14, 10:15.

Comment

Yes OC / Lyn

marriages
                                    George Chandler

CHANDLER George H ....JONES Emily L .......Liverpool, St. Francis Xavier................. Liverpool 3001/10/246

Comment

Thank you both

Comment

Working...
                                      X