Warwickshire Lookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warwickshire Lookup

Hi, I'm looking for the details of this marriage (Martha is the bride)
    Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

If you have access, would you PM the details?
    Thanks!
    Sarah

Cannot see any Banns or marriage for this couple other than the GRO reg you have.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

i'd say ancestry doesn't have the parish records for the town they took place in, or they married at the register office.

Comment

There's a tree on Ancestry where they have Martha Ward, b. 10 Aug 1818 in Birmingham (d. 1 Jan 1898 Boston, Mass, USA), marrying a Henry Benwell (b. 1820 Birmingham, died 22 Jul 1908, Boston, Mass.) No sources quoted, except on the 1851 and 1861 census, they're in Langley Burrell, Wiltshire, but by 1870 they're in Norfolk, Mass. Four children shown:

Martha Benwell, b. 1846 in Langley Burrell - [note this is 2yrs before the marriage, so query parentage of Martha]
        Mary Benwell, b. 1848 in Langley Burrell
        Henry W Benwell, b. 1850 in Langley Burrell
        and
        Thomas John Benwell, b. 15 Dec 1851 in Birmingham, d. 1927 Wakefield, Mass, USA

STG
        Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Thank you all. It's the details about the marriage that I'm looking for. Her DC is also on FS.

Comment

Using marriage-locator.co.uk, it shows the marriage as taking place at Aston Register Office, so to get the information you will need to apply for the Marriage Certificate.

Tippin
            Families Intrested in
            Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

Comment

Thanks, Tippin. It's not my direct line, so probably not.

Comment

Working...
              X