Joseph Francis Mcphillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph Francis Mcphillips

I am hoping someone can try and help me as i am not sure where to go from this point.

the details i have are

Joseph Francis Mcphillips Aged 44 married Ethel Rose Lintott, he was listed as 44 years she 27. His father deceased was John Mcphillips

Rank or profession is No 1887450 - Sapper R C ? HM Army

I believe he was born in ireland, and he served as far as we are aware in the first and second world war. there is a rumour that he may have lied about his age to join up in the first world war.

Can anyone help me find any info out on him. i am really struggling on this one.

Thanks in Advance
    Suzie

Joseph Francis Mcphillips Aged 44 married Ethel Rose Lintott, he was listed as 44 years she 27. His father deceased was John Mcphillips
    When/where did they marry?

Comment

Petersfield southampton May 1941

Comment

If he served in WW1 and then went on to serve in WW2 then his service records will have to be applied for - see here.

Your record probably says R E , not R C. A sapper is the term for a private in the Royal Engineers.
        Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
        Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Working...
        X