Tribalpages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribalpages

Not really a pc problem but I imported a gedcom from Ancestry into Tribalpages tonight and its now only showing some of my new photos not all
    Looking at their forum they dont seem good at replying to queries so wondered if anybody knows why this would happen? thanks

A GEDCOM is generally only a data file Val - doesn't usually bring photos with it ???
    Elaine

Comment

I could have sworn thats how I did it before ??? what do you have to change it to then Elaine ? as it says on their site a gedcom will import photos too ???

Comment

Where does it say that the GEDCOM will import photos? Had a quick look but can't see anything .
        Elaine

Comment

I cant find it now ?? but last year I did ask about it and whatever I did then worked ? trouble is I cant remember what I did ?
          I might email them as so many people are complaining about them answering queries.

Comment

well well got a reply already but all it said was you cannot do it as a Gedcom ? I'm sure I did it before ? ah well thanks Elaine

Comment

There are family tree programs that do export photos in GEDCOM files - but as far as I am aware Family Tree Maker and exporting from Ancestry are not included in this category!

I believe that Family Historian does, but of course that is of no real help to you as you would need to get your tree plus photos in there first!
              Elaine

Comment

is that right Elaine?? might look into that then thanks

Comment

To be honest Val, I can't see how it is going to help you.
                  Am I right in thinking you prefer working on Ancestry - adding your images and data to your Ancestry tree, and then syncing to FTM on your computer for backup purposes.
                  If you change your software to Family Historian then you wont be able to do this in the same way as you do now.
                  Elaine

Comment

There are family tree programs that do export photos in GEDCOM files - but as far as I am aware Family Tree Maker and exporting from Ancestry are not included in this category!

I believe that Family Historian does, but of course that is of no real help to you as you would need to get your tree plus photos in there first!
                    I think what matters (certainly in the case of Family Historian) is whether the photographs themselves are added to the GEDCOM, or whether it is just a link to the file which is added. Although adding the photos themselves is an option, it is not recommended as it makes the GEDCOM file very much larger.

scuda
                    Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Must admit I do prefer to do my tree on ancestry Elaine I cant really get on with the FTM programmes I just as you say import my tree into there every so often.
                      Scuda thanks for mentioning that I will need to look into it further

Comment

Working...
                      X