Scotland Deaths- David Belford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotland Deaths- David Belford

I am looking for David Belford's death between March 1835 (when he married) and May 1837 (when his wife remarried). I have tried Scotland's people, IGI, Ancestry and find my past with no luck. I know civil registration started in 1855. He probably died in Brechin, Angus where he married and his wife remarried. Both events took place at the Brechin Relief Session church. Thanks in anticipation.

Tora

Death records pre statutory registration are very poor in Scotland. All I can suggest is you contact whoever holds the archive for the area (try googling Brechin archives or Angus Council - they have some resources).

Sorry this is rushed and brief but just on my way out for work when I came to shut down the computer.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I know hardly anything about Scottish records, but see from FS that there's a Christening of a David Deckers Black Belford at the same church on 9 Nov 1835, where it says mother is Mary - I'm thinking this could be the Mary Young who married David snr - but has no details of the father.

If that is David's son, it suggests that he had died before the child war born (Married in March, dead by November).

Feel free to ignore me if this is wide of the mark.

STG

Might be worth requesting a copy of the image from FS to see if it contains any further details.

Last edited by SmallTownGirl; 28-01-14, 10:51.
      Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Thank you both for your suggestions, I will look at who holds the records and order that birth from FS.

Tora

Comment

Hi Tora,
          Is this the same David Belford who has a 12 page army service record on FMP? I don't suppose so but thought it worth a mention in case he did not die but went abroad etc.
          I have not read the full record but he was bc c 1817, was from Brechin and served with the 72 Foot.

Perhaps just a coincidence - could even be a cousin of your David.
          herky
          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Herky, thanks for looking again. I don't think it is him as on his army records he was previously a weaver, whereas my David was a gardener. Also David's wife remarried twice in Brechin and I would have thought someone would have known if her first husband was still alive.

Tora

Comment

Working...
            X