Thomas Bunting c 1841 - this is my brick wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Bunting c 1841 - this is my brick wall

Thomas Bunting c.1841 -Iron dresser married Margaret Connor @ St Mary,s Catholic Chapel 19.5.1861.
    I have a copy of the marriage cert which states his father's name was Abraham Bunting a joiner.Mothers name is not on it as is usual.
    They had the following children: Mary Ann 1862,William 1863(my husbands Grandfather),Alexander 1865-1874,
    & Thomas 1868-1869(he was born just after his fathers death).

Thomas died 26.11.1867 of & was living at 7 Watson Street Hulme,Manchester.

I cannot find where Thomas Bunting was born.I have only found one in Stockport & that one came up in British Military Records.
    The only Abraham Bunting is in Dronfield,& I couldn't match them.

Can anyone help me with this one please as I cannot move any further on this.

Regards
    ​Bettyespana

There is a birth record for Thomas Bunting born Spt. Qtr. 1841 Stockport p.19 vol.292 ( found on freebmd.org.uk)
    Vonny

Comment

This is the one I have got,but apart from the details on the marriage cert & Thomas death I don't know where to go next.
      Who was his father & mother.I wonder if there was an error in his fathers name or maybe it was made up because he didn't know him.

Betty
      ​Bettyespana

Comment

Thomas Bunting 1841 Stockport Second(sub district) Stockport Cheshire(registers at) ST2/4/98
        MMN Hallis

http://www.ukbmdcertificateordering....%7cHALLIS&lang=

Edna

Comment

Have you found Thomas in the 1861 census.
          He married only a few weeks after the 1861 census that you would have thought he would be in Manchester .. somewhere!
          What does he give as his address on the marriage certificate?
          Do the witness names help at all - ? possible family members.
          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Vonny North West View Post
            There is a birth record for Thomas Bunting born Spt. Qtr. 1841 Stockport p.19 vol.292 ( found on freebmd.org.uk)
            Vonny
            If that is your Thomas, then it appears he was a twin. There is also a registration for a Jane Elizabeth Bunting (MMN Hallis).

I've tried working forward with Jane but not having much luck.
            Elaine

Comment

Vonnie quoted in post#2 "Thomas Bunting born Spt. Qtr. 1841 Stockport p.19 vol.292 "

Originally posted by bettyespana View Post
              This is the one I have got,but apart from the details on the marriage cert & Thomas death I don't know where to go next.
              Who was his father & mother.I wonder if there was an error in his fathers name or maybe it was made up because he didn't know him.

Betty
              You say you have the birth cert. Why are you querying his parentage. - or have I missed something?
              Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                Vonnie quoted in post#2 "Thomas Bunting born Spt. Qtr. 1841 Stockport p.19 vol.292 "

You say you have the birth cert. Why are you querying his parentage. - or have I missed something?
                I understand the details are from a marriage certificate, I don't think Betty has the birth certificate. The birth of Thomas is also on Cheshire BMD and his mother's maiden name is confirmed as Hallis as Edna said.
                Betty, do you have the parish on the marriage certificate where St. Mary's Catholic chapel is?
                Vonny.

Comment

I have found on BMD the marriage of Thomas in Manchester.
                  Vonny

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                    If that is your Thomas, then it appears he was a twin. There is also a registration for a Jane Elizabeth Bunting (MMN Hallis).

I've tried working forward with Jane but not having much luck.
                    Looks like Jane Elizabeth Bunting may have died as a baby.

Deaths Sept qrt 1841, Stockport, 19/292.

Comment

I can't find any Bunting in the Manchester area in any of the early census. I have checked the address where Thomas died in 1868, however a different family were living there in 1861 Thomas CHORNLEY born in Ireland with his wife and daughter, he was a blacksmith. Thomas Bunting must have lived in the local area?
                      Vonny

Comment

Has his wife and children been found in 1871? I think she remarried and I've found her in later census, I can't remember who she married I'll take a look and post.

Comment

I think she married Robert Dougherty March qrt 1878, Salford, 8d/66.

They can be found here.......... http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...iv=1&ml_rpos=1

Comment

Margaret's not with Robert in 1871....... http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...iv=1&ml_rpos=3

Comment

Just a thought, on the marriage certificate Betty, was Abraham, Thomas's father, deceased?
                              Vonny

Comment

Think you need to post ALL details as entered on the marriage cert, Betty, if we are to take this further.

Comment

More info here ... http://www.familytreeforum.com/showt...braham-Bunting

Comment

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/2DWD-LJ1 looks like their may have been a double marriage as there is a Robert Connor married Isabella Kelly on the same registration June Qtr 1861 also Free BMD Manchester 8d 633
                                    Though that is still no nearer to Thomas and family

Edna

Edit
                                    I think the only way to go here is to get the birth in 1841 of Mother MMN Hallis I think it was I found earlier, unless this one was wrong cert as mentioned in the earlier post
                                    Last edited by clematised; 26-01-14, 23:24.

Comment

http://hiddengem.catholicfaith.co.uk/history.html St Mary's catholic Church where the marriage took place, address and contact details in this site.

Edna

Comment

Looks like the roof came down several times in this church and possibly records are somewhere else so contact the site to see what the possibilities are after 1837, two roof falls occurred and nothing until much later, I have tried all I can think of.

Edna

Comment

Working...
                                        X