Electoral Register

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electoral Register

Just been researching some information from the 1947 and 1948 electoral registers and came across an entry which had the following after the names of two of the family : (CDA/6828743) and (YCDA/ 314947).
    Any thoughts about what that could signify ?

Dave
    DGJay

Originally posted by DgJay View Post
    Just been researching some information from the 1947 and 1948 electoral registers and came across an entry which had the following after the names of two of the family : (CDA/6828743) and (YCDA/ 314947).
    Any thoughts about what that could signify ?
    Dave
    Which registers are these? what site are they on? Can you put up a link to them please?

I would look at the beginning of the dataset as there is probably a page saying what all the codes mean.

Margaret
    Last edited by margaretmarch; 25-01-14, 13:37.

Comment

Margaret

They are the actual Electoral Register books at the local Archives and Heritage Office. I did check the codes that were given within the register and they just referred to the normal jurors, voters etc
      DGJay

Comment

Originally posted by DgJay View Post
        Margaret

They are the actual Electoral Register books at the local Archives and Heritage Office. I did check the codes that were given within the register and they just referred to the normal jurors, voters etc
        Right. I can't think what they mean. Maybe ask the local government election officer - there is such a person in the local authority and they may have access to further guidance as to what went on registers and why.

Margaret

Comment

Working...
        X