Jane Holden, disappearing act late 19th Century

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jane Holden, disappearing act late 19th Century

A younger sister to my grandfather, Albert Holden, appears as a 9-mnth old infant in the 1891 census (family of John and Sarah Holden, Parham Suffolk, RG12, Piece 1479, Folio 142, Page 8). She's not mentioned in the 1901 at all as far as I can see. I can find no record of birth or death in FreeBMD, no record of baptism or burial in FreeREG, nothing relevant in either Ancestry or Find My Past, or via Family Search. Any advice or possible solutions (I'm not very experienced) would be gratefully received. Thanks!
    X IannF his mark

Sorry, I've just realised that 'Jane' should been 'James', born in the same year but incorrectly named and noted as daughter. Seems an odd mistake! Anyhow, sorry to have wasted anyone's time ...
    X IannF his mark

Comment

Checking the baptisms of the other children on Family Search, I wonder if Jane in the 1891 should really be James?

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Births Sep 1890
      Holden James
      Plomesgate vol. 4a page 857
      Elaine

Comment

Didn't see your post! At least you've sorted it.
        Elaine

Comment

I feel stupid for not seeing something which should have been obvious before posting, but I'm impressed and grateful for the rapid reply Elaine. Thank you.
          X IannF his mark

Comment

Working...
          X