Hannah Robinson c 1837 Liverpool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hannah Robinson c 1837 Liverpool

This child was Christened at St Peter's Liverpool on 19 March 1837 to Robert & Alice Robinson. I can't find an actual birth record...............can anyone help please?

Civil registration didn't start until 1 July 1837 so I doubt you will find a birth date unless it was entered on the PR.
    Elaine

Comment

I understand that Elaine, I was hoping to find a Parish Record.................as usual, I didn't make my understood.....it's my age again.

Comment

Ah sorry, misunderstood your question. Thought you were doing transcribing and got sidetracked trying to find something more about Hannah!
        Elaine

Comment

It's Gt Grandmother; just reviewing as you do.

Comment

The PRs for St Peters Liverpool on Ancestry don't start until 1839 - but the baptism does appear on FS.
            Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Might be worth requesting a copy of the PR via their photo duplication service (free).
            Elaine

Comment

Not many churches recorded actual birth dates - the church thought that life really began at Christening. Of course, some did record both events but the LDS generally transcribe both dates when that is the case.

OC

Comment

Just checked the images of the St Peter's PRs in 1839 - and no date of birth is shown, so as OC says, you are probably out of luck there!
                Elaine

Comment

I'm transcribing St Peter's marriages now..............must ask about 1836/7 Baptisms. Thanks Elaine & OC.

Comment

I notice it's a March baptism and just conceivable that the birth was in 1836...................but nothing in LanOPC.

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                      ... but the LDS generally transcribe both dates when that is the case.

OC
                      Hi OC

I index for the LDS website and whether or not the birth date (if given) is included in the transcription depends, apparently, on the instructions/permissions from the copyright holder. For instance, LDS has recently finished Essex PRs and for those there was a field for DoB, but for other current UK PRs (Dorset, Lancashire and Sussex) being indexed, there isn't.

STG
                      Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTownGirl View Post
                        Hi OC

I index for the LDS website and whether or not the birth date (if given) is included in the transcription depends, apparently, on the instructions/permissions from the copyright holder. For instance, LDS has recently finished Essex PRs and for those there was a field for DoB, but for other current UK PRs (Dorset, Lancashire and Sussex) being indexed, there isn't.

STG
                        Thank you for that, STG - it's very useful to know WHY the format/data may vary from place to place, within the same website.

Jay
                        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
                        X