Help Please - Location of Presbyterian Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please - Location of Presbyterian Records

I would be really grateful for any information on where I might be able to locate Presbyterian Records.

I have Ann Bolam born c1812, on census listed as born in Muggleswick Co Durham and Shotley Northumberland (adjoining parishes I believe). I have earlier baptisms for this family in Birdhope Craig Presbyterian Elsdon and RytonWoodside-Presbyterian, Swalwell. I have no baptisms for any family members when they resided in the Shotley/Bywell Northumberland area. This has been a brick wall for quite a few years!

Many thanks
    Dorothy
    Sydney NSW

Hello Dorothy,

have you tried looking on Familysearch at all? [click on link below] I already did a search and there are some results you might find interesting.

Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Durham Records Office regularly send me updates on their cataloguing of church records: info@durhamrecordsonline.com

This is their web address: http://www.durhamrecordsonline.com/i...&cookiecheck=1

Northumberland Archives is at Woodhorn. The service has been outsourced to a charitable trust.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thank you Darksecretz and Uncle John. I use familysearch and durhamrecordsonline and to date have not found any relevant info. Will contact Woodhorn and see if they can help. Cheers

Dorothy

Comment

https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1666142 Non Conformist records on Familysearch, all denominations other than Church of England

Try adding details here but widening the search a little helps

Edna

Comment

Hi Edna

Thank you for your suggestion but unfortunately no luck - still a brick wall.

Dorothy

Comment

are you positive they stayed presbyterian? not much seems to be online for northumberland.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                are you positive they stayed presbyterian? not much seems to be online for northumberland.
                That's why I pointed Kossie to Woodhorn. They should know what records they have and may be prepared to search.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                X