Searching for M R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for M R

I am searching for details of a M R born about 1920 in Sculcoates, Hull, ERY
    She married a G W B (b.?) in Hull, ERY in 1940

If anyone could help it would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 15-01-14, 08:12. Reason: edited to remove possible living names

Hi John, what kind of info are you looking for? I must remind you that our forum policy is that we don't permit names of the living, [though members can pass on information via Private message through this site]

I will remove the names and when we can confirm that they are no longer with us then, we can reinstate them.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I have had a quick look and can't spot anything really re their deaths, but if you have their marriage cert this will then enable you to possibly look a little further backwards, as it will give you [hopefully] a little more information. this is the link for the marriage: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...v=1&ml_rpos=18
      Julie

Comment

Yorkshire BMD shows that they married at the Church of St Augustine.

I don't know where you live, John, but if it's in the Hull area, you should be able to view the church record on microfiche at the Treasure House, Beverley. That would tell you where they lived in 1940 and also give the names of both the fathers, which is what you need to trace the origins of M & G.

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I found a Marjorie B on the electoral roll in Hull up to 2010 at an address that looks like a residential home. If you want the details send me a PM. There are also several other entries for the same name but the only current one is not the right age.

Margaret

Comment

Thank you. I doubt that they are still alive but it's best to be safe. I shall check for the marriage certificate.
            John

Comment

Janet: Thank you so much for the information and advice. I am relatively new at ancestry searching and any advice is greatly appreciated. I live in the US but was born in Hull. I plan to visit the Hull area this year and will have to put your suggestion on my to do list.
              John

Comment

Margaret: Thank you so much. I am a novice at this ancestry search business so any help, advice and suggestions are much appreciated. Being a beginner at the Forum I don't yet know how to send a "PM". Please let me knwo how.
                John

Comment

John if you click on her green highlighted name on the left of the page you will get the option to send a private message.

Comment

Originally posted by John A. View Post
                    Margaret: Thank you so much. I am a novice at this ancestry search business so any help, advice and suggestions are much appreciated. Being a beginner at the Forum I don't yet know how to send a "PM". Please let me know how.
                    John
                    apologies John, I should have said how to send a PM.. as Val says if you click on Margarets name [to the left] you will get a drop down list and 'Private Message' is there, if you then click on that, you can compose and send a message.

when you recieve a message you will either get an email notification and/or a pop up on your screen saying that you have a private message, [another way if to look top right and where your welcome/username/settings/logout buttons are you will also see Notifications, [this is your PM mailbox] and it should tell you if you have new messages or not.
                    Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                      apologies John, I should have said how to send a PM.. as Val says if you click on Margarets name [to the left] you will get a drop down list and 'Private Message' is there, if you then click on that, you can compose and send a message.

when you recieve a message you will either get an email notification and/or a pop up on your screen saying that you have a private message, [another way if to look top right and where your welcome/username/settings/logout buttons are you will also see Notifications, [this is your PM mailbox] and it should tell you if you have new messages or not.

To Julie and Vallee:

Thank you for your help and direction. I am slowly learning my way around.
                      John

Comment

I have exchanged PMs with John and he is progressing his search by getting the marriage cert first and thinking about whether or not to write to the address I found for him.
                        Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by John A. View Post
                          To Julie and Vallee:

Thank you for your help and direction. I am slowly learning my way around.
                          John
                          you are very welcome John

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                          I have exchanged PMs with John and he is progressing his search by getting the marriage cert first and thinking about whether or not to write to the address I found for him.
                          Margaret
                          thank you Margaret for giving us a 'heads up' on this.
                          Julie

Comment

Working...
                          X