Francis James

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Francis James

Hi, could anyone read the occupation of Francis James father (also Francis) on this record? I believe the father was in Australia at this time, does it say gold ???

Much appreciated

Ellen

looks like 'gold digger' with the top of the 'd' missing.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
      looks like 'gold digger' with the top of the 'd' missing.

Thank you so much, that makes a lot of sense.

Comment

I agree. Hope he found some!
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
          I agree. Hope he found some!
          He may have done. I know his son who was raised by his grandparents owned a hotel & 2 pubs during the 1930s. Wish I could find a will or probate from Australia.

Cheers

Comment

you'd have to know which state the father died in. presuming victoria, the death cert if downloadable from the registry website, and if he left a will, it should be viewable online at the public records office website.

We couldn't locate this page on our website. Sorry!   We do our best to ensure that all of the links on our website are working correctly so you may be using a bookmarked link to content that is no longer available. The specific content you're looking for may have changed or been retired (such as any links to access the collection). If you go directly to prov.vic.gov.au you should be able to navigate to the content you're seeking by searching the catalogue (for records) or website (for articles, blogs or other website content).

Comment

Working...
            X