Ancestry FTM offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry FTM offers

Further to my earlier post regarding offers to new customers, I have received the response below from Ancestry, who knows marketing may do something, I won't be holding my breath though .....LOL

(I have highlighted the relevant paragraphs in red bold)

Subject
    Family Tree Maker Software Offers

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (Shelia) 01/11/2014 07:38 AM
    Dear Steve,

Thank you for contacting Ancestry.co.uk in regard to Family Tree Maker offers.

Thank you for providing valuable feedback to Ancestry. We’ve forwarded your feedback on to our Marketing team for consideration.

If you’d like to s_ubmit additional feedback, please review the following Help article. It offers more options for submitting feedback to specific teams within Ancestry.com, and for our other products and services.

Family Tree Maker 2014 comes with many subscription options which benefit current subscribers. This free time is tagged on to the end of the current subscription .
    If you had just taken out an annual subscription for example, and then activated FTM free time., you would have 18 months access to Ancestry. Two subscriptions do not run concurrently.

I wish you all the best with your research.

If you need additional assistance, reply to this email or feel free to contact us by phone at 0-800-404-9723 from 9 AM to 10 PM GMT, Monday through Friday or from 9 AM - 8 PM GMT, Saturday and Sunday.

Best regards,

Shelia
    Customer Solutions Associate
    Ancestry.co.uk

not sure what you mean Steve? were you compaining about FTM ? I always buy the discs with the free worldwide access saves me a fortune.

Comment

I have paid out for worldwide access by direct debit each year for last 4 years but never had FTM.

When I looked at getting FTM the offers were all geared towards new users and looking at the pricing structure it seems like the cost of the software is minimal to Ancestry. What I have suggested to there marketing department is that they should offer free upgrades and use of FTM to long term subscribers. They are looking into it now.

Comment

Oh goodness Steve, I do hope it doesn't stop us long term subscribers (like Val etc) from still buying a FTM for the free 6 months. The FTM offers, as Ancestry have explained to you, aren't just for new users.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Steve its a shame you have not seen our posts about the free Ancestry with FTM you could save a lot of money I just got 2 discs for £57.98 both with 6 months free worldwide.

Comment

The advert on Ancestry site say £99.99 for FTM and 6 months worldwide, where did you find it for £57.98??

Comment

I got them on Ebay this time but I usually go to Amazon when they have special offers. Some people got theirs even cheaper.
              Did not realise Ancestry sold them ?
              Last edited by Guest; 11-01-14, 16:57.

Comment

dont know if you have tesco vouchers?

Comment

I found one (FTM) unopened the other day in a box of papers, forgot I bought it for FIVE POUNDS haha, at a car boot. It has three months free Ancestry. I have only once ever subbed directly to Ancestry, always look for a FTM with free subs. I don't use the FTM programme anyway as I don't much like it.

Also - the only time I DID sub directly to Ancestry, I phoned them and haggled and got a year's sub for about £54 which was the cheapest anyone got it that year.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by stevefraseruk View Post
                    The advert on Ancestry site say £99.99 for FTM and 6 months worldwide, where did you find it for £57.98??
                    Like Val, I got 2 copies on eBay of FTM 2011 Worldwide for £57.98 giving me 2 x 6 months worldwide access to Ancestry records. Very pleased with the price. This was back in November 2013 so not sure if you will get as good a deal now.
                    Christine
                    Last edited by Karamazov; 11-01-14, 17:20.
                    Researching:
                    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Karamazov that must have been the same person I got them from Hixxysoft.com , real bargain wish I had got 4 now.

Comment

The 2012 version works out about £50 (after postage)on Amazon with 6 months free - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Family-Tree-.../dp/B005NPFKXE
                        I can't find an earlier one available at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                          Karamazov that must have been the same person I got them from Hixxysoft.com , real bargain wish I had got 4 now.
                          Yes it was. Great service too - they arrived the very next day after ordering. Wish I'd been greedier too!
                          Christine
                          Researching:
                          HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Hixxysoft only appear to have the 2014 available now Val. It's £68 - http://www.hixxysoft.com/pc-software.html

Comment

I just had a look Chrissie not cheap at the moment, but I'm okay now till January 2015 so will wait till there is another good offer, I just looked at Ancestry too bit expensive?

Comment

Hope ancestry have not twigged into what i have done but i am on my 3rd free 6months subs with the same disc. I reactivate sub with different bank card x
                                Jayne

My avatar is great great granny Annie Pugh, possibly christened 24 Feb 1858.

Comment

I'm sorry Dopey but I dont think thats clever at all, its stealing surely?

Comment

Hi Val

I have a 2011 FTM that I have never used and it has 6months free , do you have to give Ancestry a Serial No. when you phone up ?
                                    We have an Ancestry sub. at the moment so was looking to extend by 6 months .

Ken

Comment

if you ring them they should be able to add it on to your existing sub . But think you will find the new one wont start till the old one finishes.

Comment

Thanks Val

Ken

Comment

Working...
                                        X