Am I missing something ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I missing something ?

I have been trying for 10 years to find out what happened to my husband`s Aunt Ethel Mary Stevens born in Marylebone in 1899. Nothing after the 1901 and 1911 census.
    At last I found her on the new marriage records, (Surrey, England marriages) on Ancestry married to Hubert Sidney Stephen Brown in Surrey 1931 and I knew it was her as it had the family address in Croydon. My husband remembered meeting her and he was born in 1953 so I needed to find her death. I can`t tie her up anywhere, I found another marriage cert for her husband in 1965 where he was a widower and his address was The Mall, Southgate and he later moved to Letchworth where he died in 1986. I still can`t find a death for her between 1953 and 1965 though in those areas.
    I emailed the local cemetery new Southgate to see if she was buried there but they said I need a date of death !
    AArrggg, any ideas ?

There's a death of an Ethel M Brown in Islington Registration District in Q2 1964, b. abt 1899. Is that a possibility?
    Last edited by SmallTownGirl; 10-01-14, 13:03.
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Yes, I saw that thanks but I didn`t think that they lived in that area any more. I suppose she could have died anywhere really.
      I expect I will have to order some death certs and specify her husbands name which at least is not so common !
      Thanks

Comment

You're right, of course, she could have died anywhere, but that's the one with the closest approx. year of birth that I could find.
        Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Thanks Small TG

Comment

She's on the electoral roll with Hubert up until 1964, at 17 The Mall, Southgate. In 1965, Hubert is on his own at that address - therefore I would say that death that SmallTownGirl found in 1964 is a good bet. Islington isn't really that far from Southgate - isn't there a big hospital in Islington? (Whittington?). Maybe she died in hospital?

Comment

Fantastic Richard, where did you find the electoral rolls ? That is deffo the address I have. Thanks

Comment

Ah, I`ve found it now, thanks

Comment

Working...
                X