Ancestry down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry down?

Having problems getting on the site for last 1 1/2 hrs. Anyone else having problems? Everything else is working fine for me.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Just tried it & it's not playing for me.

ETA - just got in, but it's very slow & intermittent. next attempt failed!

Jay
    Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 07-01-14, 18:32.
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Been extremely slow for at least a couple of hours. Frustrating.
      Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Not just me then - good -- but bad!
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

It won't even open for me. I guess it's time to work on something else for a while.

Comment

Seems to be okay for me but saying that it will probably go dodgy for me.
            Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Site is having issues, I have submitted a report request via email, hope for some sort of response.

Comment

probably cos they have given away free access for three months for people who let their membership lapse?
                Last edited by Guest; 07-01-14, 18:56.

Comment

I am using it quite happily!

Sandra

Comment

So frustrating! And if the reason is as you suggest, Val, then very annoying - where's their loyalty to paying customers? Aaaagh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ancestry Free Offers - RANT

Please read email conversation with Ancestry below - will update as I get more

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sirs,

I has been suggested as per the attached email from your
                      shop team that i contact yourselves with regard to the provision of FTM
                      software to existing long term subscribers. While I can understand
                      that the offers are being made to entice new users onto the site I feel
                      that the existing long term users are not being rewarded for their
                      continuing support. I myself have now been a worldwide subscriber for
                      4 years and renew every year via a direct debit. Surely the provision
                      of a downloaded version and access codes to all long term subscribers
                      would cost very little to the company but would reinforce the customer
                      bond of the neglected long term subscribers who have helped populate
                      the databases with there own family tree information.

Yours hopefully

>----Original
                      Message----
                      >From: service@ancestryshop.co.uk
                      >Date: 07/01/2014 12:41

>To: ********@******.co.uk

>Subj: RE: Family Tree Maker Software Offers
                      >
                      >Dear Mr *****,
                      >
                      >
                      >

>Thank you for your email. All of our software comes with an element
                      of free membership included which applies to both current or new
                      members. If you currently have a membership or subscription with
                      Ancestry, the free element included will run subsequently to any
                      existing agreement. However, if you would like to discuss any
                      details of your membership and discuss any options which may be
                      available to you, please may we ask you to contact our Customer Support
                      Team who handle all memberships and subscriptions directly. Could we
                      please ask you to contact them on 0800 404 9723. They are available
                      from 9:00am to 10:00pm Monday to Friday and 9:00am to 8:00pm on
                      Saturday & Sunday. Alternatively, you may e-mail them directly at
                      support@ancestry.co.uk<mailto:support@ancestry.co. uk>.
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >I am very
                      sorry that I could not help directly with this particular query,
                      although if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate
                      to contact me.
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >With Kindest Regards
                      >
                      >Jill
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >The Ancestry
                      Shop Customer Team
                      >
                      >
                      >[Description: Description: ancestry.com]
                      >
                      >
                      >

>Part of The Generations Network
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >-----Original
                      Message-----
                      >From: ********@******.co.uk
                      >Sent: 06 January 2014 15:36
                      >To: Ancestry
                      Service
                      >Subject: Family Tree Maker Software Offers
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >Dear Sirs,
                      >

>
                      >
                      >I am currently a Worldwide subscriber and have been for a number
                      of years. I would have liked to purchase Family Tree Maker for use on
                      my laptop but am a little annoyed that your offers only appeal to non
                      subscribers as you offer a range of free memberships for each new
                      subscriber.
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >As a long term subscriber as probably many others
                      are I think it would be good to also benefit from offers and have
                      reduced cost or even free offers of the software to current
                      subscribers.
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >I doubt that this will even get read, let alone
                      acted upon. But I have made my point at least.
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >Regards,
                      >

Comment

Working fine for me
                        Last edited by PeteW1959; 07-01-14, 19:25.
                        Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
                        Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
                        Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
                        Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
                        Devine in Ireland

Comment

Seems back up now - no reply to emails yet

Comment

what annoys me is I have never been offered anything worth having ,and even now I dont know why I got that email as I do have full world membership, but I got it free with the FTM programmes so suppose as I did not pay they assume I have not re registered?

Comment

Note: You may be experiencing some intermittent service with the Ancestry.co.uk website. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.

Comment

now its telling me my tree is unavailable at the moment ? very frustrating

Comment

I think the addition of images for PCC wills might be clogging up the works. Luckily some of us noticed them before the official announcement and have been downloading them like mad.
                                  Elizabeth
                                  Research Interests:
                                  England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                                  Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

i'm with elizabeth, they uploaded the wills. though i havn't had any issues at all......yet. did find some wills TNA does not have though! happy chappy! especially since i didn't know they existed!

Comment

These sort of slow-working problems do often seem to crop up when they're uploading new databases!

Christine
                                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                                      X