Henry Smith - living Wales -1841

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Smith - living Wales -1841

From Family Search I know that a Henry Smith, b c 1771, was recorded as living in Lower Merthyr Tydfil in 1841. I would appreciate any additional details contained in his entry and those of any other members of the household.

Henry 70 (all Smith)
    Ann 60
    Henry 30
    Elizabeth 35
    Caroline 20

Elizabeth and Caroline born in county - the others not. It looks as though Henry snr is a Victualler.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks, Chrissie. I was looking for a Henry and Agnes Smith, both probably born out of county, so could be mine. Not too sure about the children. I was hoping for a Joseph or Thomas. Occupation fits with later family employment. Further research required!

Comment

Do you expect them to be in Wales for some reason? It makes it harder in 1841, not being able to put the spouse in search doesn't it.
        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 06-01-14, 10:22.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I have a number of events/individuals which might just possibly be connected. I am trying to confirm/eliminate that possibility.

Joseph Smith (b c 1800?) married Jenet Llewellyn, Gelligaer, July 1824. Eldest child named Henry. Joseph died in 1830.
          Joseph Smith baptised 3 Jan 1802, Merthyr Tydfil. S/o Henry and Agnes
          Thomas Smith baptised Zoar Independent, Merthyr Tydfil, 1 Jul 1818. S/o Henry and Agnes.

With so little to go on and with records of the time at best approximate, I realise I have set myself a challenging task but isn't that the fun of family history?

Comment

Working...
          X