Lincs to the past problems loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincs to the past problems loading

Has anyone had any problems with images loading on Lincs to the past website? I can't get in at all using Firefox and IE shows the search results but will not load any images. I am worried that it might be my PC. I am at a breakthrough and champing at the bit to view the Freiston marriages.
    Helen in Glos

Helen it is loading fine for me using Chrome.. if you post the link on here that you are trying to get into I will see how it performs with chrome.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I have gone in through the main home page and then advanced search. When I get to the results there are no thumbnails just little box with cross where they should be.

I have not tried chrome yet. Thanks for your help.
      Helen in Glos

Comment

ah I see what you mean... I have got some marriages up and I can't see the image either :(
        Julie

Comment

Originally posted by HeleninGlos View Post
          I have gone in through the main home page and then advanced search. When I get to the results there are no thumbnails just little box with cross where they should be.

I have not tried chrome yet. Thanks for your help.
          Helen, I think that the problem lies with LTTP.. this appears in one of the image boxes at the bottom.

error loading: /www.lincstothepast.com/ImageHandler/ParishWeb/1/514847/8e9e5e24-97f5-41b2-9deb-c26367a0a9e1
          Julie

Comment

I have checked some Sleaford marriages which I know I have viewed in the past and can't access them. I will drop them an email with the error message and wait and see what they say. Many Thanks for your efforts.
            Helen in Glos

Comment

I have checked some Sleaford marriages which I know I have viewed in the past and can't access them. I will drop them an email with the error message and wait and see what they say. Many Thanks for your efforts.
              no worries Helen, though it might be that there isn't anyone about today...
              Julie

Comment

Just a quick update, it seems as thought the site was down earlier in December and if you have a look at the Lincs to the past Facebook page they have requested that if you are still having problems to email them with a screenshot of the error message.
                Helen in Glos

Comment

Just a quick update, it seems as thought the site was down earlier in December and if you have a look at the Lincs to the past Facebook page they have requested that if you are still having problems to email them with a screenshot of the error message.
                  mmm might be an idea, i'll have a look I do have/have just done a screen shot of it, but will ask on LTTP FB Page too.. might be something they can tweak?
                  Julie

Comment

The following website is a good resource for Lincolnshire marriages - http://mi.lincolnshiremarriages.org.uk/

Sandra

Comment

Thanks Sandra x
                      Julie

Comment

seems that there are others too that are having the same problem.
                        Julie

Comment

There is a problem with the Lincolnshire PRs on FMP too. I'm so frustrated as I was on a roll with my research.
                          Elizabeth
                          Research Interests:
                          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Sandra, thanks for the Link, I had forgotten all about that excellent site.
                            Helen in Glos

Comment

I couldn't see the PR images on Lincstothepast when I needed them yesterday. Probably by the time its working again I'll have forgotten what was so urgent to look for :(
                              Anne

Comment

According to their FB page, they have said that they have had technical issues over the NY the IT people are now working on the problem, so hopefully it'll be back to normal ASAP...

link to FB page:

Смотрите публикации, фото и другие материалы на Facebook.
                                Julie

Comment

Thanks, Julie. I don't do Facebook so its nice to have someone on the lookout!
                                  Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                                    Thanks, Julie. I don't do Facebook so its nice to have someone on the lookout!
                                    Anne
                                    I wasn't sure if you did do FB or not Anne, does the link still show for you though?? [what I mean does it work?]

I will keep checking back on there, and will report back when it's back
                                    Julie

Comment

Yes, Julie the link does show up. I didn't bother to click on it before as I've not had much success with Facebook links in the past (oops, pun not really intended!!!)
                                      We'll have to be patient.
                                      Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                                        Yes, Julie the link does show up. I didn't bother to click on it before as I've not had much success with Facebook links in the past (oops, pun not really intended!!!)
                                        We'll have to be patient.
                                        Anne
                                        apparently it appears now to be working properly Anne, have only just got back as we have been out exploring now heading out again to walk the dog..
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X