Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1841 & 1851 Census for William Molyneux please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1841 & 1851 Census for William Molyneux please.

William Molyneux was born Worsley, Lancs c 1832. His name suffers many variations in transcription or how the Enumerator thought he heard and spelt it. As a consequence, I'm struggling to find him in 1841 & 1851. He should be living in Worsley because he shows as living there in 1861. His parentage I have asked for previously with no definite result.

what was his address in 61 Alan?
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

......and what area of Worsley ie Civil parish?
      Kat

Comment

On Familysearch a William Molyneux was baptized 26 Aug 1832 Worsley Ellenbrook Lancs. Father William Mother Jane.

Jan

Comment

In 1861, his address is shown as Walkden Moor whilst the Civil Parish is Worsley and the name is spelt 'Mullineux'

Comment

Thanks Jane, I have that one..............its also in LanOPC, Ellenbrook Chapel

Comment

1851 Mangno Fold ? Worsley a William Mullinex age 9 is living with
              John age 18 Collier?
              Pamela 16
              Amelia 14
              and Joseph 7

Can't find anything in 1841 yet

Comment

Sorry .that is 1841 Can't find 1851 yet.

Jan

Comment

Thanks Jan, have you got the reference please.

Comment

Ho107/0543/11/f32

Comment

Cheers Jan.

Comment

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

Alan is this the 1861 census you refer to

William and John Mullineaux are recorded as the stepsons of the head of family John Welsh. So possibly Ann Welsh previously Molyneaux re-married although I can't find a marriage for Molyneaux etc to a Welsh etc.

The three girls Ann, Alice and Esther are recorded as Mullineaux but they are John Welsh's children and there is a baptism for two of them with father John and mother Ann ? first wife.

Not sure who Thomas belongs to. He is with John Welsh and two of the girls in later census as a Welsh.

You probably know all this but I am just trying to get my head round it all

Vera

Comment

Yes Vera, that's the census I'm working with. Their father dies quite young and mother remarries.
                          I've got some Asprin if the head hurts too much. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Wrong father & mother, Val. There are so many Williams and different ways of spelling the surname, it's been a nightmare.

Comment

Alan, I had a search through all the 1851 censuses for all districts of Worsley last night (how sad eh!). There are lots of Mollineux families but none with a William of the right age and parentage - none of him singularly or mis-transcribed with the wrong family name. Even the really faded names are not a William.
                              I think you have to consider he was out of the area - miners often moved around from colliery to colliery. What about army records?
                              Kat

Comment

Is William's mother Ann (1861 census ) or Jane (post#4 family search) ???
                                Kat

Comment

The honest answer Kat, is that I really don't know. You have to go with the Census detail......if that's the correct Family.
                                  In Ellenbrook Chapel, Worsley..............2 baptisms in 1832 for a William; one is 29/4/1832 spelt Molineux and is illegitimate to Ann Molineux. The second baptised 26/8/1832 to William & JANE where the surname is Molyneux.

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                                    http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...=try&h=9175350

William and John Mullineaux are recorded as the stepsons of the head of family John Welsh. So possibly Ann Welsh previously Molyneaux re-married although I can't find a marriage for Molyneaux etc to a Welsh etc.

The three girls Ann, Alice and Esther are recorded as Mullineaux but they are John Welsh's children and there is a baptism for two of them with father John and mother Ann ? first wife.

Not sure who Thomas belongs to. He is with John Welsh and two of the girls in later census as a Welsh.

Vera
                                    Have you noticed that in the previous household to the Mullenix children in 1841 are John Walch 30, Ann Walch 30 with Thomas Walch aged 2 and Ann aged 2 months so looks like Thomas belongs to William's mum and step father.
                                    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                                      http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...=try&h=9175350

Vera
                                      Have you noticed that in the previous household to the Mullenix children in 1841 are John Walch 30, Ann Walch 30 with Thomas Walch aged 2 and Ann aged 2 months so looks like Thomas belongs to William's mum and step father.

Family Search has a marriage of Ann Molineux and John Walch in Manchester cathedral, 19th Feb 1837
                                      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Working...
                                      X