Sarah Rowbotham 1841-1851 censuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah Rowbotham 1841-1851 censuses

Need some help please to find Sarah and hopefully her parents on 1841 and 1851 censuses.

Sarah b 25 May 1829 Skirbeck, Lincolnshire married James Faunt at Manchester Cathedral, - 26 May 1851.
    James b 1830 Skirbeck, Lincolnshire was living Newton Manchester All Saints, at time of 1851 census.
    Sarah's parents are given as David and Elizabeth ROWBOTTOM on Family search.
    I have James and Sarah on all other censuses and always she gives Skirbeck as BP

I thought maybe Sarah could have been in Manchester somewhere just before her marriage in 1851 but have had no luck finding her.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 23-12-13, 21:11.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Maybe her mother remarried a man called Fisher. See Piece: 2099 Folio: 186 Page: 30 in 1851

I can copy & paste the entry here if someone reminds me the copyright rules or I can pm it.
    Last edited by webwiz; 23-12-13, 22:11.
    People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
    Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

Well found Webwiz. Sarah's age is clearly 21 on the image and not 26 as transcribed.
      Anne

Comment

WOW thanks Webwiz. Have found her on 1841 now too!
        Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!
        Kat

Comment

It's moments like that that make family history such a fun hobby.
          Elizabeth's first husband David probably died before registration started in 1837, but might be on Family Search
          Elizabeth married John Fisher Jun 1839
          People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
          Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post

Sarah b 25 May 1829 Skirbeck, Lincolnshire married James Faunt at Manchester Cathedral, - 26 May 1851.
            James b 1830 Skirbeck, Lincolnshire was living Newton Manchester All Saints, at time of 1851 census.
            Sarah's parents are given as David and Elizabeth ROWBOTTOM on Family search.
            I have James and Sarah on all other censuses and always she gives Skirbeck as BP
            I have found her baptism on Lincs to the Past and David is given as a waterman.
            Would you like the image?

Do you need details on her ancestors, Kat?
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:
            England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
            Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Originally posted by webwiz View Post
              Maybe her mother remarried a man called Fisher. See Piece: 2099 Folio: 186 Page: 30 in 1851

I can copy & paste the entry here if someone reminds me the copyright rules or I can pm it.
              you can direct link to the site in question via a hyperlink in a thread, we just ask that you do not blatantly copy and paste directly from such sites onto this site.

hope that helps/clarifies
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Sorry, Kat - I was interrupted when I was doing this.

I should have said that baptized the same day to the same parents was a daughter, Mary.
                No date of birth given for her so no idea whether they were twins or not.
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:
                England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Too true Webwiz, I did find the marriage last night.
                  Thanks Elizabeth, I have never used the site before. Did you browse the images to a certain parish? I cannot see where to enter a name and date to search. I'm doing my DIL's tree and never had to use the Lincs Archive site before.
                  Last edited by Katarzyna; 24-12-13, 12:31.
                  Kat

Comment

I hope this link works:

The two girls are at the top of the right-hand page.
                    I can get the image without the watermarks if you'd like them.
                    Elizabeth
                    Research Interests:

Comment

For Lincs to the Past you have to go to Advanced Search and enter
                      Skirbeck St Nicholas Par and click. Then you choose the register you require.
                      FMP also do Lincolnshire records, but the registers are a mess, unfortunately, although the later ones are better.
                      Elizabeth
                      Research Interests:

Comment

Thanks Elizabeth,
                        I was looking at May/ June baps but see them now. Her future husband James Faunt is there too on the left hand page - how convenient!

In the right hand column it says Sarah had been baptised before at Boston so will look for that when I have time.
                        Last edited by Katarzyna; 24-12-13, 20:09.
                        Kat

Comment

Working...
                        X