Witness Surname please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witness Surname please.

Can you help me with this one..................only 3 or 4 letters that I cant read;

whats my name.jpg

Pass! sorry, it just like 'Bud' to me. Are there other letters that you can compare with Alan?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

That's the witness signature Julie.....................I thought 'bud' as well but in 1862 it doesn't feel right.

Comment

Buck ?
        Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
        Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Why not Anthony? The witness did such a flourish with his 'W' that I thought he would do similar with a 'B'

Comment

something *ack:o
            Jacky

Comment

There's a possibility he couldn't spell his name. The first name in the signature looks like Wullam, which could be his way of spelling William.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

How about O'neil ? but anyones guess is as good as anyone elses. ;)
                Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Buck

Comment

Possibly ... Quick ?

Comment

Thank you all for your input..................I've gone for 'Buck' with the usual proviso that I can always blame you if it's wrong

Comment

If the "a" after the "W" in Wallum is anything to go by then the second letter of the surname ought to be "a", possibly followed by "ck". The first letter defeats me and I wondered if there were any other ?capitals in the rest of the document excerpt Alan C has given us part of that would be helpful. On re-looking - if that first letter is an "E" then the name may be Ead

Sue

Comment

I think Alan is right to go with Buck as the church has many of the Buck name and even some William Buck checking the name on Familysearch

Edna

OOps I just read the other thread the name being Ord
                          Last edited by clematised; 03-12-13, 15:25.

Comment

Working...
                          X