Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy version 8. Sharing of events

Is anybody using Legacy 8?

I upgraded when the new version came out and one of my major reasons was the addition of shared events. As I am starting from scratch on this I want to make sure that I do it correctly from the beginning so looking for usage tips please.

Let me make a start with (UK) census records. How to enter a census event which is going to be shared? I have some suggestions:

the first thing to do is decide who 'owns' the event. Generally I would want to choose someone who is already in my tree; normally head of household or the first person from my tree who is listed. However, I would also want everyone in the household (in the tree or not) to share the event. I think it is important to choose appropriate roles, suitable sentences and insert individual role notes.
    The data: description, date and place and owner's notes are all shared in the on-screen listing, together with the owner. Individuals can add their own notes in the role notes but unless I have missed something those notes do not show in their screen listing.
    Report options now include a raft of new options regarding how much information you include of the sharing of events.

I would like to hear any suggestions for how to enter other event types and alternative suggestions for census events.
Working...
X