FMP Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP Offer

I have a sub with FMP.co.uk which ends next month, received an email from FMP.com yesterday offering me 36% of a years sub for worldwide, trouble is I cannot for the life of me remember joining the .com site, so when I click on forgotten password no email is coming back to me ,I'm sure I'm using the email address they sent the offer to, have twice asked for the reminder and got nothing back, anybody else have this trouble?
    I have also tried to contact them and no response either.
    Only have another day to claim it as it ends on the 1 December .

A word of warning Val! If you have previously transcribed to FMP.co.uk - and are happy with how to search the website, then you might have problems with the FMP.com site.

I used to subscribe to the UK one. I then signed up to FMP.com having received a very special offer - and for a short time let the two subscriptions run alongside each other. When the UK sub ran out, I decided not to renew and thought I would persevere with the FMP.com site. I have now come to the conclusion that I hate it! Can never find what I am looking for and the way the results are presented is not as good as the UK site.

At some point you may have signed up to the FMP.com site when they were giving out free credits - and that is how they have your details. I too received this 36% discount offer, even though I have a current subscription with them.

If you can afford to continue with the co.uk site then I would encourage you to do so. I know I will be going back to it, regardless of what offer I get from the FMP.com site.
    Elaine

Comment

oh Elaine I finally managed it and your so right its awful, wouldn't be so bad if you could just access the UK stuff, and switch to the other stuff but it seems to be mixed ? have emailed them to ask if I can switch it to the UK one instead, that will teach me to rush.:(
      Fingers crossed

Comment

Well let me know how you get on Val.
        I asked the same question a while back - could I transfer the credit from the FMP.com site over to FMP.co.uk - and the answer was NO!
        If you have only just subscribed then they might be prepared to give a refund.
        Elaine

Comment

I did email them within a few minutes of buying it so hope they agree, its my xmas present from Tom, so if they dont shall have to renew the UK one myself.

Comment

Out of interest Val, have you got a current FMP subscription? I know they say that if you don't keep up a continuous membership then you lose your 10% discount.

However, for those that have cancelled you may well find that following the cancellation they send you a number of emails offering to reinstate your 10% discount because they are sure "you are missing out" on enjoying a FMP sub.

... which of course means, there doesn't seem to be any benefit of a continuous sub!
            Elaine

Comment

yes I do Elaine it runs out in a fortnight thats why I thought I'd try this one.

Comment

Well if they let you transfer it you will get your 10% continuous sub discount anyway, but as I said, it doesn't seem to matter because if your sub has run out they appear to send out emails trying to get you back with a renewed 10% discount!
                Elaine

Comment

has an answer to my previous email asking about my password so they are a bit behind?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    I did email them within a few minutes of buying it so hope they agree, its my xmas present from Tom, so if they dont shall have to renew the UK one myself.
                    Would you be protected by distance-selling laws?

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Christine luckily they agreed to reimburse me so shall be renewing my UK sub, that Com one is so complicated.

Comment

I've stuck with .com - but I don't like it so much as .co.uk
                        I'm more or less used to it. I can usually find stuff, but I don't think it's so easy.

Christine
                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

suppose it depends on who you are looking for ? and I am mostly looking in the UK just thought it was a very good price worth trying.

Comment

I have FMP Worldwide and set the UK filters on the searches to limit the search results. It cost me 60 dollars (about £37) in July this year (59 dollars previous year) so thought at that price might as well join for the extra record sets. I also subscribe to Ancestry. Must confess I prefer Ancestry but that's maybe because it was the first site I subscribed to and I just got used to its funny ways!
                            Last edited by modem; 07-12-13, 15:44.

Comment

Thats cheap Modem? it cost me more than than even with 36% off , so wasn't such a bargain then?
                              I use both the FMP and Ancestry for different things.

Comment

Got a refund less the 45 credits they say I used?? I only put one name in a search and so many hits came up I didn't bother ,thats why I knew it wasn't for me ,so dont know how I used 45 credits .

Comment

Glad you got your refund. IT might be worth asking how you used the credits - 'just so that you can avoid making a similar mistake in future'? (i.e. get them to demonstrate that you really did use them!)

Christine

Comment

Chrisitine I'm so grateful getting my money back dont want to push it, as I'm quite happy going back to FMP co.uk and it only worked out to $4.50.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                      Chrisitine I'm so grateful getting my money back dont want to push it, as I'm quite happy going back to FMP co.uk and it only worked out to $4.50.
                                      I guess that's probably a more balanced approach to it!

Christine

Comment

Working...
                                      X