Portable broadband help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable broadband help

Not having much luck tried to install it today and it will not connect to the internet? its a preloaded Huawei 3 USB one.
    Can anybody tell me how to make sure its installed correctly? before I lose my connection again thanks

Is it new? If so, have you registered the SIM with the network provider? When I bought my broadband dongle (Orange) they activated the SIM in the shop for me, but normally you have to do something to activate yourself, just like a new mobile phone.
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

Comment

oh blimey do you ? it didn't say that on the web site when I finally got on, thanks Pete, will check that out.

Comment

well still not got it to work and have had enough of the seller sorting out the problem so am sending it back.

Comment

new Router has arrived hope it works

Comment

Fingers crossed.
            Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

thanks Linda but as I expected having the same problem as on the old one :madd:they do say it will take a few days to get settled so we will see ,but I am sure its a phone line problem .

Comment

Sorry Val but routers do not need a few days to settle. Please, please tell them that you want an engineer out to test the line. Not just them flicking a couple of switches at their end. Ooh I get so annoyed with some of these companies.

Wishing you the best of luck.
                Linda - Happy Hunting

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

thanks Linda wouldn't connect at all this morning so rang them told them I had the new router connected and it was worse than ever, said I wanted to leave them and asked for my MAC Code, he then said he was sure he could fix it, went through the old rigmarole , then said oh I see you got a new router ? yes I said well try that first he says WHAT I just told you I did and its worse, he put me through to somebody else who was more than useless.
                  Finally went to their website to ask to cancel and found they had a live chat help got a really helpful girl who apologised and said she would send an engineer out, all arranged for tomorrow morning .
                  Wish I had know about that before.
                  Update tomorrow thats if I'm still awake after such an early start .

Comment

Another fingers crossed.
                    Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

I'm so tired couldnt sleep for worrying about getting up:(man came and checked everything , and guess what ?? yes its my phone line :(so now have to wait for a BT man to come, could have told them that weeks ago.

Comment

Good grief. I feel sure you will get there in the end. Chin up.
                        Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

still waiting ????????????? this is the first time I got on today and hardly at all yesterday gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Have they given you a date for the engineer to come out from BT?
                            Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

nope nothing and on their site it still says problem but no date for fixing it ?? how dare they , I managed to email them last night no answer as yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X