Name of the second witness please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name of the second witness please.

Still on same Parish Register, Liverpool 1862. The first is, I think, Morris Meers. The second is Mary....who?
    Bride and groom are an Edwards and a Davies.
    Would appreciate some suggestions please.Twowitnesses.jpg

Murphy?
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Quite possibly Judith, thanks.............the 'p' looking like a 'b' has confused me.

Comment

I too think it's Murphy .

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Murphy

Comment

Murphy it is then!.................I can always blame you three when the Transcriber is criticised..............thanks ladies.

Comment

I did wonder about MURKLEY. The only problem with that is that, although it does appear in the indexes, it's so rare that one suspects that all the instances are probably mistranscriptions - even the official instances.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
              X