Could this be the right Baptism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be the right Baptism

am trying to find the birth of a William Saunders born abt 1811 in Cripplegate, he was a Turner, have just found one born 1811 Baptised in St George in The East who's father is a Turner, coincidence or could it be the right man? thanks

It could well be the right person, but I'd want a bit more evidence before including him on a tree.
    Have you found siblings baptised, then found any links in census or as witnesses to each other, for family events, for example.

I have a similar situation in Beaulieu, Hampshire... but no baptism, but so need to connect my Henry to a probable father, Thomas. They were both blacksmiths.

Gwyn

Comment

thanks Gwyn but I dont know anything about him before 1841 ? so dont know about siblings.

Comment

Good call Gwyn just found an Edward Saunders born 2 years earlier in Cripplegate an Ivory Carver? so a good chance its Williams Brother , thanks

ooh and his wife was born in Essex too
        Last edited by Guest; 23-11-13, 15:41.

Comment

I have no idea on London geography, but found a George SAUNDERS baptised 1813 with parents John and Elizabeth Jane....
          also..
          Thomas Farring SAUNDERS baptised 1815.
          On both entries John is a turner.

Maybe connected..?

Gwyn

Comment

thanks again Gwyn will look into that

Comment

Working...
            X