Wedding Ceremonies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Ceremonies

It's a long time since I had one but did I have to produce a Birth Certificate to prove age for any sort of Marriage Service.......I really cant remember and 'erself cant either so I don't feel so bad.

No, not as far as I can remember - and I've been married twice!

OC

Comment

I got married when I was 17 and in those days you had to be 18 without consent and usually had to produce a birth cert if younger. My parents knew the vicar though and as we were having a traditional family wedding I was never asked for one. Maybe it depended on the circumstances Alan?
      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 22-11-13, 10:20.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

No. I arranged my wedding date in the register office and I remember getting ticked off because if made a mistake (quickly corrected it) with husband's second name. Should have taken the bc with me.

Vera
        Last edited by vera2013; 22-11-13, 10:25.

Comment

I did tell the truth about my age and as I was underage (20) I had to get my father's permission. I still didn't have to produce a BC though.

OC

Comment

Sorry, I told you wrong earlier Alan. After thinking about it I remembered that I was warned that I would need to produce a letter from my parents, giving their consent. It was that the vicar didn't ask for. After reading OC's post I have realised too that the age you needed consent for was under 21, not under 18.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

It's ok Chrissie, I'm not planning another one

Comment

Working...
              X