christy beaton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• christy beaton

i'm trying to track the children of john bethune/beaton (1811-1877) a miller and cartwright and anne matheson (c.1820-c.1850) who married at applecross in 1841.

they had 4 children: archibald (1842-1904), rebecca (1844-1929), christy (b.1847) and anne (1850-1927)

i have traced all of the children but loose christy. here is what i have on her:

1851: shore st, applecross

john bethune- head, widower. 40, b.1811 applecross. corn miller and cartwright.
    archibald bethune- son. 9, b.1842, applecross. scholar.
    rebecca bethune- dau. 7, b.1844, applecross. scholar.
    chirsty bethune- dau. 5, b.1846, applecross.
    anne bethune- dau. 1, b.1850, applecross.
    and 2 servants.

1861: south brager, barvas, ross and cromarty

archibald bethune- head. unm. 19 b.1842, applecross. teacher
    christian bethune- sister. unm. 15, b.1846, applecross. house keeper.

they tend to marry as 'beaton' not 'bethune'. and from 1871, john and archibald use 'beaton'.
    there is this possible 1871 entry:

9 craig, lochcarron, ross and cromarty.

christy beaton, 26, b.1845 lochcarron. servant to david and jessie jackson.

i can't see anything after 1861. she did not marry alexander mckenzie in 1890 shieldaig. i have that one.
    granted i don't have john beaton or his second wife peggy's deaths. as john's first wife was my aunt. but maybe christy registered one of the deaths.
    anyone able to suggest anything?
    Last edited by kylejustin; 22-11-13, 05:07.

erm applecross? is that Scotland?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

maybe: [as Christina Beaton]

1871: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=2535
      Source Citation: Parish: Killearnan; ED: 1; Page: 10; Line: 6; Roll: CSSCT1871_13.

1881: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=1104
      Source Citation: Parish: Inverness; ED: 27; Page: 9; Line: 4; Roll: cssct1881_28.

1891: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=1104
      Source Citation: Parish: Uig; ED: 1; Page: 13; Line: 11; Roll: CSSCT1891_23.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

hmm. thanks julie, but i don't think those are her. yes applecross, scotland. i think she married, but where is the issue. her sisters died in dunbartonshire, god knows why they went there. one of them settled in glasgow for a bit. the brother was a minister in urray till he died. there's one in each line that just vanishes like this!

Comment

Is it possible that she emigrated ?

I have a 2x great mother who is possibly in tbe 1861 Scotland census, then a family story says that she went to California as a nursemaid to a doctor and his family. She marries in 1866 either in California or BC Canada.

There is no 1871 BC census, and so the next time she pops up is in the 1881 census. I know that she was in BC from 1866 from newspaper reports of the day.

Could the same sort of thing happened to your Christy ?

Bcbrit
          George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

it's entirely possible! one of her cousins emmigrated to new york, and her sister vanishes into thin air as well. their uncle and 2 aunts emmigrated to australia with a great uncle and his family. so if christy emmigrated, where did she go haha. and was she married?

Comment

Working...
            X