Find My Past Blog - King Charles I’s execution in our parish records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find My Past Blog - King Charles I’s execution in our parish records

Findmypast.co.uk’s collection of*parish baptism, marriage and burial records*is the largest you’ll find online, so it’s no surprise that there are lots of fascinating examples just waiting to be discovered.
    We’ve recently spotted a note about King Charles I’s execution included in the parish burial records from Hertfordshire.
    King Charles I wasn’t actually buried in Hertfordshire, but the person who completed the register clearly thought his death was an event that needed to be recorded:

Record of King Charles I’s execution – click to see the full burial register page

Under Old Father Bates’ burial, we see King Charles’ entry:
    • Name:*King Charles
    • Date of death:*30 January 1649
    • Cause of death:*Beheaded. Another word has been added here in striking large print:*murder’d

How many ancestors have you found in our parish records?
    The parish records on findmypast.co.uk go as far back as*1538.*They cover more counties in England and Wales than other websites, so wherever your ancestors came from, it’s likely you’ll find them here.
    We constantly add new records to our collection, so there’s always more chance of finding fresh information to add to your tree. Who will you discover today?
    Search the baptism, marriage and burial records

More...

Please note: This post has originated from a news feed from an external website.
    Family Tree Forum neither endorses nor is responsible for the views of the author or any other content.
Working...
X