Ancestry - Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry - Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

I can't open Ancestry's home page or any pages in 'Community' Cannot open 'my messages'

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem? It's so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been having problems on and off on there for about a week now, says my links aren't available etc etc

Comment

OK, thanks Val. Shall we re - name it ;) An ces p*t

Comment

The problem seems to be with addresses that start with http://community.ancestry.co.uk, which is where messages and links reside.

All other areas seem tobe OK, at least for me anway.
        Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
        Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
        Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
        Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
        Devine in Ireland

Comment

Think you're right, Pete.

I'll stay patient until tomorrow when I shall try again - if I still experience the problem I'll contact them.

Comment

When I try to log on to ancestry.com I get this message:

Check back soon.
            We're sorry, but the page or feature is temporarily unavailable. We are undergoing maintenance or resolving some errors. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience at this time. Please try again shortly.

Trying to log on via ancestry.co.uk or ancestry.ca, I get a message saying that my browser can't open the page because the network connection was lost.

Obviously not not my network connection as otherwise I wouldn't be able to post this...
            Frustrating!
            Researching:
            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Thanks Karamazov,

At least I know it's not just me, I didn't get the messages you got.

Comment

I am not having any problems with ancestry except the community page. For an unspecified reason it just won't open.
                Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Same for me, Grumpy.

Comment

Working...
                  X