FTM history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM history

I've searched for a chronological history of the release dates for all the FTM software--can't find it. Can anyone help with this. When did the drastic change in the software occur?

thanks

The big change followed Family Tree Maker 2006.

There was no version 2007.

The program revamp and change in format came with version 2008.
    Subsequent versions, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014 - there was no version 2013.
    Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine,

The reason I'm asking is I use version 16 and I'm not sure where that falls in the order. I "think" it falls after 2006 and is the last of the old format. Don't know why they went from '06 to 16. I tried 2011 but cannot follow the format so had to go back.

Thanks,

Brian

Comment

Yes, I had forgotten about version 16. I think that you are correct in that it falls after 2006. If I remember correctly it was available as a patch download, rather than a disc purchase, at least certainly in UK/Europe.

The difference in format between 2006 and the newer style (from 2008) onwards is huge and I have to say I hesitated for a long time with the upgrade, even though I had it installed on my computer.
        I wouldn't go back. It's like any new program, once you get the hang of it, it's easy!

.. taken from the website that I use to order my FTM (TWRComputing ) - talking here about FTM2014 ..

If you are upgrading from a previous version of Family Tree Maker (version 16 or earlier), Family Tree Maker will display a simplified user interface that looks more like the version you're accustomed to.
        Help specifically for Version 16 users
        New help topics are available to help you upgrade to Family Tree Maker version 2014 with TreeSync. Topics such as "Migrating from Family Tree Maker 16" and "Charts, Reports and other Printables" help you make the transition easily, and find equivalent features in Version 2014.
        Upgrade Guide
        The Upgrade Guide highlights some of the exciting new features available in version 2014, shows you how to do everyday tasks in the new version, and includes comparison charts and a list of frequently asked questions.
        Elaine

Comment

Working...
        X