I am seriously losing the plot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am seriously losing the plot!

I have been tramming away looking through various bits and 'thought' I had all of the census details for Emma Robinson b. 1841 Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire.

it now transpires that I haven't, and I can't find it!

can anyone else please, I have her in 1851/1871/1881/1891/1901/1911 just 1861 that is missing, I presume that she would be in Leicestershire possibly SOMERBY as this is where she marries in 1864 [George Norman, b. 1841, Harringworth, Northants]

I have been looking until I am bog eyed and seeing things that aren't there, apologies if I don't come back this evening as it is late and I'm getting nowhere fast!..

thanks for looking.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Is she the one in the Union Workhouse in 1851? HO107/2091 fo 304 p 5
    ... along with Mary Ann, Sabina and Fanny.

And here in 1871: RG10/3305 fo 26 p 15 age 29, born Somerby
    with George, plus daughters Fanny and Anna?

Christine

PS - you really need to recruit Elaine.. Spain: she's the census expert!
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 18-11-13, 23:16.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

How about this 19-year-old servant in 1861 in the SPENCER household:
      RG 9/2305 fo 21 p 3
      She was born in Melton, it says.

The Ancestry transcription has interpreted "Gen Serv" as "Granddaughter"! and "Melton" as "Ketter".

Some others in the household have had names corrected by "DonHFerguson" on 05/01/2008

Christine
      Last edited by Christine in Herts; 18-11-13, 23:24.
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

If her father was Henry Martin Robinson and mother Emma Lucy I have them on the 1861 in Leicestshire. I have captured a copy of the census if you want a copy please pm me with your email.
        Vonny

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
          Is she the one in the Union Workhouse in 1851? HO107/2091 fo 304 p 5
          ... along with Mary Ann, Sabina and Fanny.

And here in 1871: RG10/3305 fo 26 p 15 age 29, born Somerby
          with George, plus daughters Fanny and Anna?

Christine

PS - you really need to recruit Elaine.. Spain: she's the census expert!
          yep! that's them...
          Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Vonny North West View Post
            If her father was Henry Martin Robinson and mother Emma Lucy I have them on the 1861 in Leicestshire. I have captured a copy of the census if you want a copy please pm me with your email.
            Vonny
            Hi Vonny, I think these must be a different family, as Emma's mum was Mary Ann Robinson and Emma was illegitimate. thank you for your very kind offer though it is most appreciated.
            Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
              How about this 19-year-old servant in 1861 in the SPENCER household:
              RG 9/2305 fo 21 p 3
              She was born in Melton, it says.

The Ancestry transcription has interpreted "Gen Serv" as "Granddaughter"! and "Melton" as "Ketter".

Some others in the household have had names corrected by "DonHFerguson" on 05/01/2008

Christine
              that IS looking very promising Christine, thank you so much!.. i'll pencil her in [I know she was a servant when she married in 1864] not an uncommon job but it's the best I got at the moment!..
              Julie

Comment

Working...
              X