David Dodman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Dodman

" This David Dodman had a - Date of Trial - 28 Jun 1865, Trial - Year 1865, Location of Trial - Norfolk England, Sentence - Imprisonment!!!!!!!!! "

I am interested in finding out, " Whom Is This David Dodman? " " Any parents names would be " DEEPLY APPRICIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " " Any birth dates & where born!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Yours Truly
    Jeff ;)

I've had a look at FMP but nothing is coming back.
    Vonny

Comment

SWAFFHAM QUARTER SESSIONS.
      Norfolk Chronicle

Publication date:Saturday 15 July 1865

labourer, and David Dodman (27), briekmaker, were indicted for stealing cwt. of coal, value 75., the property John Brown, at East Bilney, on the June last; and William Melton (36), labourer, was indicted for receiving the coals, well knowing them to have been"

there is aDavid Dodman brickmaker on the 1881 census married to a Rebecca living Norfolk.
      Think this must be him as there are no other David Dodmans listed in the census.

on the 1851 he is with his widowed mother and his siblings. he is listed as farm labourer.
      Last edited by Janet H.; 18-11-13, 19:37.

Comment

Familysearch has a David Dodman son of David & Rhode Dodman bapt 28 Mar 1835 at Colkirk, Norfolk, he's living with his widowed mother and brother Christmas in Whissonsett, Norfolk in 1861.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
          Familysearch has a David Dodman son of David & Rhode Dodman bapt 28 Mar 1835 at Colkirk, Norfolk, he's living with his widowed mother and brother Christmas in Whissonsett, Norfolk in 1861.
          But if he's 27 in 1865, he would have been born in 1837-8, so 1835 is a bit early for a birth, isn't it? - unless he lied about his age, of course.

Edited : See that Janet has found another likely candidate. There's a tree with him on, on Ancestry, but it has no parents listed.
          Last edited by SmallTownGirl; 18-11-13, 20:01.
          Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

I have the 1861 census with David Dodman on it with his widowed mother Rhoda aged 60 who is a widow of a horse breaker? born in Suffolk. A son called Christmas whose age looks like 10 and is app. tailor, and then David Dodman aged 26 Ag. Labourer born in Colkirk Norfolk. I have captured the copy of this census, please pm me with email address if you would like a copy.
            Vonny

Comment

There is a whole list of records on Ancestry about David Dodman, there is also a tree for the Palmer/Ollett family (Ollett being his mother's maiden name) The owner of the tree is Ancestry member Anna Harris41.
              Vonny

Comment

David Dodman & Rhoda Ollett had 2 sons named David. The first one was bp Colkirk 3 Sep 1828 & bur 9 Sep 1828
                Their second David was bp Colkirk 28 March 1835.

These events can be viewed on familysearch.org

Jay
                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

1841, Launditch, Colkirk, all born in county. HO107; Piece: 778; Book: 5, Folio: 11; Page: 16

David Dodman 35
                  Rhoda Dodman 35
                  Eliza Dodman 13
                  David Dodman 6
                  Agneas Dodman 3
                  Charles Dodman 1
                  Elizabeth Dodman 88

Comment

This David Dodman is an ancestor of mine. His father David Dodman 1800 - 1849, is the son of Thomas Dodman 1776 - 1818 & Elizabeth Turner. I have no information for Elizabeth Turner at all & if any could be add to this reply. " IT WOULD BE DEEPLY APPRICIATED!!!!!!!! "

Thank You All For This INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " This conversation is closed as far as I am concerned!!!!!!! "

Yours Truly
                    Jeff

Comment

Working...
                    X