How do I find Charlie's War Record?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I find Charlie's War Record?

Hi guys. I've had a lot of fun searching through WW1 records- I've found plenty that are attached to my tree but is it possible to find the WW2 record's of Charles Frederick Peacock, born in Stockton-On-Tees on 29th July 1907 and died in Stockton on 14th Feb 1979?

As far as I know Charles was in the Army first before he switched to the Navy. I do have another photo of Charles in his Navy Uniform with a man in Army behind him, I think it may be one of his brothers as he looks like Nanna's sister. However I can't share the photo unless I'm 100% sure. When Charles died Dad was given his medals in his Will but before Dad could collect them they were stolen by an unmentionable person. Dad does remember them and he died say that there was a lot of medals collected.

Hoping there's at least something possible that we can do,
    Sarah.

CharlesFrederickPeacock_zpsb9e45988_rb.jpg
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

All the WW2 service records are still held by the M.O.D. The only ones that can be looked for are prisoners of war and those that lost their lives in conflict. This is what I have been told anyway.
    Vonny

Comment

There's Merchant Navy to add to your list of what is available too, Vonny
      The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
      Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

So I guess it's the 100 year rule again then? :(

Comment

No 100 year rule. You can apply for his records if you can prove his death and you are next of kin or can get permission of next of kin or you can get a summary of his record even if you're not next of kin. It costs £30 and there's a LONG wait
          The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
          Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Okay then, hopefully this paperwork from Nanna's sister has Charlie's death Cert in it as well.

Thanks for the advice guys

Comment

You might look for the will too to see what that says.

Margaret

Comment

Working...
              X