Astill of Plumtree Nottingham uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astill of Plumtree Nottingham uk

Hi all, is anyone out their interested in the astill/astle/ astell/ family and so on?
    Nottingham, Birmingham, Utah USA,New Zealand.
    I have five family trees running.
    If i can be of help please give us a mail.
    Sorry cannot do look ups I'm house bound.:(
    Gren

Hello Grenville,

did you manage to find out any information about Alice Astill b. 1880 Plumtree and Fred Norman b. 1880 Harringworth, Northants... marriage?

they had four children, two boys and two girls.. [Frederick & Percy] I won't name the girls as they could possibly still be alive.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Sorry thought I'd posted this information.
      I lost my e-mail use for 2weeks could not remember my pass word,as you see all is well once more.

1891 census. 54 Chapel Yard Plumtree Nottingham RG12 piece 2718 FO 144 page 10
      Head Jane Astill age 48 B. 1843 Willoughby (Widow) housewife. Nee Henson.
      Son Fredrick Astill age 12 B. 1880 Normanton. Ag/Lab.
      Dau Alice Astill age 10 B. 1881 Normanton.

1901 census Chapel Yard Melton Road Normanton on the Wolds Nottinghamshire UK RG13 piece 3203 Fo129 page 9
      Head Jane Astill age 22 B.1879 Willoughby Nottinghamshire UK Widow
      Son Fredrick age 11 B.1890 Normanton Nottinghamshire Farm lab
      Niece Lillian Wood age 11 B.1890 Beller Park Nottinghamshire

Married May 1906 Nottingham Civil Reg Vol 7B -page 748

1911 census 117 Princes St Mansfield Nottinghamshire UK RG14 PN20333 RG78PN1219 RD428 ED1 SN269
      Head Fred Norman age 30 B.1881 Harringworth Northants Railway Porter guard
      Wife Alice Astill age 30 B.1881 Plumtree Nott's
      Son Fredrick age 3 B.1908 Plumtree Nott's
      Son Percy age 1 B.1910 Mansfield Nott's
      Dau Kathleen age 3mths B.1911 Mansfield Nott's.
      Last edited by grenville81; 18-11-13, 16:05. Reason: information

Comment

ahh thanks Grenville, did you manage to get the marriage cert at all between fred & alice? [his father should be George Norman]
        Julie

Comment

I have been doing a little digging on this line, I have corrected the 1911 census as they were mistranscribed as HERMAN :conf:

do you know what happened to Alice at all?
          Julie

Comment

No have not got marriage cert took it from the Civil Reg.Vol 7b-page 748 Nottingham
            Alice died Nov 1951.Nottingham.
            dad to Fred B.1881 is George Norman mum Emma Robinson I have not found any more info as yet, do you know where George Norman was born?

Comment

Originally posted by grenville81 View Post
              No have not got marriage cert took it from the Civil Reg.Vol 7b-page 748 Nottingham
              Alice died Nov 1951.Nottingham.
              dad to Fred B.1881 is George Norman mum Emma Robinson I have not found any more info as yet, do you know where George Norman was born?
              Hello Grenville,

are you 100% certain that Alice died in 1951? do you have the death cert? the reason I ask is that I have found some rather interesting information that could be very plausible indeed.

I'm sorry, but how do you know that the parents of Fred are George & Emma?

George Norman, I believe, was b. [abt.] 1841 at Harringworth, Northants. [Francis & Anna].
              Julie

Comment

have to go out now, and will be about 2 hours.. back at 8pm
                Julie

Comment

No i do not get certs other than my own family name (cannot afford the charges)
                  Am still looking for more.
                  Alice death I forgot to take civil registry info ,will look again.

Comment

No i do not get certs other than my own family name (cannot afford the charges)
                    Am still looking for more.
                    Alice death I forgot to take civil registry info ,will look again.
                    the reason I ask is because in 1911 Alice & Fred are living in Mansfield, the four children are born in Mansfield dist, I was looking last night to see if any more children were born and trying to look for deaths for Alice & Fred, [hoping that the dates might give me a little more info] I found something most unexpected:

Name: Fred Norman
                    Birth Date: abt 1880
                    Date of Registration: Dec 1917
                    Age at Death: 37
                    Registration District: Mansfield
                    Inferred County: Nottinghamshire
                    Volume: 7b
                    Page: 121

now I may be getting totally the wrong end of the stick BUT

Possible 2nd marriage:

Name: Alice Norman
                    Spouse : John G Stevenson
                    Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1919
                    Volume Number: 7b
                    Page Number: 324

and also the birth of two more children in Dec 1920, then this:

Name: Alice Stevenson
                    Birth Date: abt 1881
                    Date of Registration: Dec 1920
                    Age at Death: 39
                    Volume: 7b
                    Page: 127

of course it would need the d/cert of Fred and the M/cert of Alice to confirm but, to me, this seems very plausible. [I would think that if the death was reg'd in Mansfield, then there is a possibility that they were cremated at Mansfield, or buried in one of the municipal cemeteries.]

going back to Fred you still didn't say just how you knew his parents were George & Emma [just curious!]

I do have a copy of their [George & Emma's] marriage cert, so I know that they do definitely belong to my line.
                    Julie

Comment

I go along with all you say.
                      I have looked back and cannot find how i got the Emma Robinson, I seem to remember they were lodging with some one else.
                      I throw away the hard copy after putting in my tree,so i have deleted her until i can prove the parents.
                      Who are the parents on the George and Emma marriage cert?

Comment

I go along with all you say.
                        I have looked back and cannot find how i got the Emma Robinson, I seem to remember they were lodging with some one else.
                        I throw away the hard copy after putting in my tree,so i have deleted her until i can prove the parents.
                        Who are the parents on the George and Emma marriage cert?
                        Georges father was Francis [Labourer] which ties up with him in the census. Emma was illegitimate. [her sister was a witness at the wedding]

I will have a look and see what I can find in the census and put the details on here.
                        Julie

Comment

Emma: 1851: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...iv=1&ml_rpos=9

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2091; Folio: 304; Page: 5; GSU roll: 87719.

1861: can't find her at the moment AHA! gotya! http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...off=&ml_rpos=7
                          Source Citation: Class: RG 9; Piece: 2305; Folio: 21; Page: 3; GSU roll: 542951.

1871:http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...iv=1&ml_rpos=6
                          Source Citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 3305; Folio: 26; Page: 15; GSU roll: 839341.

1881:http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=7619
                          Source Citation: Class: RG11; Piece: 3190; Folio: 80; Page: 14; GSU roll: 1341761.

1891:http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...iv=1&ml_rpos=3
                          Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 2551; Folio: 62; Page: 1; GSU Roll: 6097661.

1901: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=7619
                          Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 3018; Folio: 66; Page: 9.

1911:http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=7814
                          Source Citation: Class: RG14; Piece: 19411.
                          Last edited by Darksecretz; 19-11-13, 13:03.
                          Julie

Comment

George Norman:

1841:http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=8860
                            Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 797; Book: 12; Civil Parish: Harringworth; County: Northamptonshire; Enumeration District: 2; Folio: 10; Page: 22; Line: 14; GSU roll: 438874.

1851:THIS IMAGE IS VERY HARD TO READ, BUT, I Believe that it is the right family. http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...iv=1&ml_rpos=6
                            Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2093; Folio: 312; Page: 17; GSU roll: 87721.

1861: He is in KNOSSINGTON on this return: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=8767
                            Source Citation: Class: RG 9; Piece: 2305; Folio: 25; Page: 11; GSU roll: 542951.
                            Julie

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                              I will look it all up.
                              Do you mind if i use it in my tree?
                              I see you use Ancestry I use Find my Past.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                                I will look it all up.
                                Do you mind if i use it in my tree?
                                I see you use Ancestry I use Find my Past.
                                no, I don't mind Grenville.. the info is there for those to find with a bit of knowhow [I don't own them]

if they married [Fred & Alice] in a church then possibly we could find the marriage in the parish records. But, if it was a registry office wedding, then the only option would be to buy the cert. :(
                                Julie

Comment

when my son comes round i will ask him to buyFred&Alice wedding cert.
                                  gren

Comment

when my son comes round i will ask him to buyFred&Alice wedding cert.
                                    gren
                                    if you wouldn't mind would it be possible for me to have a copy? [we could praps trade certs? I have a copy of George/Emmas from the parish register, I would be willing to exchange for a copy of Fred & Alice's] I know its abit cheeky, but if you don't ask you don't get!.. and this way we both get 'something' out of it. :smilee:
                                    Julie

Comment

No problem with this
                                      gren

Comment

No problem with this
                                        gren
                                        thank you :smilee:
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X