Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Passenger Lists - Arrivals

Can anyone help me find these arrivals please:
    Louis Fredrick Perrottet b 1829 London. On 1851 UK census with wife Louisa who died that year.
    He become master of a school on Emerald Hill, South Melbourne on arrival but left for the Woolshed Creek gold diggings about 1854.
    Charlotte Killik arrived in Melbourne in 1854 after Louis had left for the diggings according to her Centenary report in The Melbourne Argos .
    Thanks
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Trove has what appears to be the announcement of his (very young) death:
    Ovens and Murray Advertiser (Beechworth, Vic. : 1857 - 1918) Thursday 10 May 1866
    DEATH.
    Perrottet—At his residence, Yackanrtandah, on the
    5th May, Louis F. Perrottet, aged 37, son of the
    late David Louis Perrottet, Esq., of Oxford Ter
    race, Hyde l ark, London.
    The same edition has a short article about his death and how much he was a valued member of the community.
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 11-11-13, 17:45.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

A daughter's marriage is announced in The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957) Thursday 29 January 1885

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Yes thank you. I have most of their docs in Australia just cannot find them actually going there!!
        Kat

Comment

Ah - I was looking in Trove, in case there was anyting about that. I could find only later things. Just came across a longer obit. in the Ovens and Murray Advertiser (Beechworth, Vic. : 1857 - 1918) Tuesday 8 May 1866, which I've been tidying up.

Christine

Comment

From the PROV website indexes (http://prov.vic.gov.au/)

I think you will find this is Louis' arrival (I searched just on Louis no surname arriving 1852-1854)

PARROTTEL LOUIS 24 APR 1853 EMIGRANT B 037 006

Its going to be difficult to find anything by searching for "Emigrant Ship" but I will look a bit further

Di
            Diane
            Sydney Australia
            Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Sailed from Southampton Jan 22 1853
              (reported in The Argus - http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/arti...hTerm=emigrant barque&searchLimits=l-title=13|||l-decade=185|||l-year=1853|||l-month=04)
              Arrived before 9 April, and sailed for London on the 20th, but cannot see exact date of arrival at Hobsons Bay (Melbourne)

Search for "Barque Emigrant"

Charlotte arrived per Kensington

KILLICK CHARLOTTE 25 OCT 1855 KENSINGTON B 099 001

Di
              Last edited by dicole; 11-11-13, 21:26.
              Diane
              Sydney Australia

Comment

Christine. I'll wait for you to "tidy it up" and I'll C&P it !!!! I don't have that one - just the first one you posted. - Many thanks for those.

Diane - Long time no see! Thank you for those. I just couldn't see them.
                Kat

Comment

Hi Kat, yes its a long time. I am still here but don't post much now.

You just have to be flexible with those PROV records, there are a lot of mis-spellings.

Di
                  Diane
                  Sydney Australia

Comment

Kat

Comment

Working...
                    X