Is this genuine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this genuine?

when I logged on today a box came up saying I had to install drivers for my new software? I have not installed anything lately ,it did look genuine though, I wasn't sure what to do so clicked on remind me later, hope that wasn't a big mistake ?

Did it say what drivers?
    Had you just plugged in a new memory stick or external drive?
    Elaine

Comment

no Elaine it just said my computer wouldn't work without it ? The only thing I have done is plug the camera in a couple of days ago.

Comment

Seems a bit odd to me. Software doesn't have drivers, hardware does and this is the message you usually get when you plug in new hardware.

Next time it pops up take a careful note of what it says, especially the title bar across the top as it should indicate what software is running it. It may just be something like Adobe or Flash update, which happens quite frequently, but it should say so.
        Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
        Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
        Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
        Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
        Devine in Ireland

Comment

hi Pete it definitely wasn't Flash player or Flash, but I just noticed the bit on the Modem was flashing as if something was in the drive? so I pressed on it and the light went out ? would that be something to do with it ?

Comment

A modem with a drive? I'm confused!
            Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
            Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
            Devine in Ireland

Comment

so am I Pete sorry meant processor dont I ?

Comment

Was there a disc in the drive? If so it could be something on the disc trying to self-install.

If not you are just going to have to wait for it to ask again and see if there is more information.
                Devine in Ireland

Comment

no there was nothing I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow when I log on thanks.

Comment

'Drivers' are the small software files that tell your Operating System how to use a piece of hardware.
                    If you have recently plugged in some hardware that needed them to work, you would only get the message when it is plugged in.

If you are getting the message and no new hardware is attached, or all your hardware is working fine
                    Press the Print Screen button [PrtSc] on your PC and past the image it captures into a word processed document and email it to me
                    (you have my address) and I will advise you

Trev

Researching:
                    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

thanks Trevor but its not appeared today? but have noticed the eject light on the processor is lit, but wasn't last night .

Comment

Working...
                      X