Solomon Smith 1919 & 1921 ER search help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solomon Smith 1919 & 1921 ER search help

Hi spent a lot of time piecing my great grandfather's whereabouts and now managed to find him in the ER from 1921 to around 1935 but I can't find him in 1919 & 1920.

Although he is known mainly as Solomon Smith the earlier ER's he is known by his middle name of Robert.

Every year from 1921 to 1935 he is at 94 St Ann's Road in Stepney/ Mile end Old town but I can't find him in 1919 or 1920

I checked my granddad's birth certificate - he was born on 17th December 1919 and the address is given as 23 Campbell Road, Bromley. However its not Solomon as the informant its his wife Isabel but this may have been because he was finishing up in the Royal Artillery and may still have been on active service.

I checked their wedding which was on 25th February 1918 and the address is 14 Whitman Road ( not sure of the area)

I also checked his war record and it is stamped 1919 and 1920 and says 94 St Ann's Road but I just can't find them in those 2 years - can anyone help?

I also know my granddad had a sister Ruby who was born in 1921 and again seems to be the St Ann's Road address

What else is weird is that from 1921 to 1923 Isabel is not with Solomon - its just Solomon who is there but she is back in 1924 and just trying to find out where they are in 1919 & 1920 and maybe where Isabel is in 1921-1923

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Steven

I might need to get the birth certificates of Ruby and their other sister Marjorie (she was born in 1923) to maybe help with Isabel's whereabouts

Steven

Comment

How old was Isabel? When women first got the vote it was only for the over 30s, not extended to 21 year olds until 1928.
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Hi Judith she was born on 27th December 1894. I didn't think of that.

Amanda who is related to Ethel, Isabel's sister heard a story that Ethel was a suffragette and as the sisters were very close I wonder if Isabel was also involved? I maybe need to check that out.

Spent hours over the weekend finding Solomon on the ER's but just hit that brick wall. Had to search loads of pages of ER's but as he stayed at the same address it was easy to spot

Thanks

Steven

Comment

Working...
        X