Newspapers and coroners reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspapers and coroners reports

I must admit I am pretty poor at trying to find these things. My hubbies grandfather, William Baines Teal suffered an horrendous accident at work and died from it. It happened on Friday 13th October 1939 at Sadler's Foundry Middlesborough. He was 63 years old. The only newspapers which may have covered the story would have been the Middlesborough Gazette or the Northern Echo. Also there was a coroners report - where would this be found? Can anyone find anything on this story?
    Vonny

I don't think either FMP or the British newspaper archive cover that area in that time frame, Vonny.
    Your best bet would be back numbers of relevant newspapers in the main libraries in the Middlesborough area. A newspaper of the time could well have reported on the events at the coroner's court.
    As you have a specific date for the accident, you could try e-mailing the Middlesborough library to see if they could help. They might be willing to search the newspaper and make a copy which you could purchase.
    Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thanks Jay, I will try that.
      Vonny

Comment

Vonny,

you could try googling the foundry and seeing if it appears in the local papers, also The Archives/County Record Office may well have coroners reports, or you could try contacting the Coroner for Middlesbrough : http://www.middlesbrough.gov.uk/inde...articleid=8292
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, I have tried on Google but nothing show ups for that period. I will get in touch with the library first as Jay suggested and go from there.
          Vonny

Comment

The Newcastle Courant could have picked up the story. Once upon a time I had access to it but not now.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Have a look here http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/r...s-inquests.htm about Coroner's Records.

Margaret

Comment

Thanks Margaret. I will have a look.
                Vonny

Comment

Working...
                X