More help please with a Bride's name.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More help please with a Bride's name.

Checking the marriage in familysearch & FreeBMD I have 2 different transcriptions. Can anyone offer an interpretation?
    The marriage was Sept 1862 in Liverpool.
    Looking at it again, I think the first letter is 'F' based on the 'f' in 'Full' in next column.

Friday Bride.jpg
    Last edited by AlanC; 08-11-13, 16:26.

My reading of the name was originally Torcany though the transcription of her name in the signature part looks more like Tomany and I see on the handwritten GRO index (drawn up at the end of the quarter from copies submitted by the vicar) she is listed as Tomany http://www2.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/infor...bmd_1383034811
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Familysearch has Ann Fomany for a marriage to John Lang but another transcription is unclear https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NNS9-8HK

her father is Donald

Edna

Comment

I'm so out of touch with research that I'd forgotten about that hand written Index Judith and having had a look, it's clearly 'Tomany.'
        Thanks.
        I noticed that to Edna.

Comment

It's Ann TOMANY 8B 352
          Vonny

Comment

LancashireBMD thinks it was TOMANY, too. Of course they could all have depended on one another, and all been wrong! :(

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

The consensus think it 'Tomany' so I'll accept that....................thank you all.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanC View Post
                The consensus think it 'Tomany' so I'll accept that....................thank you all.
                At least you'll be with the rest, if someone is trying to match up alternative routes to the same record!

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                X