Epson stylus C62 printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epson stylus C62 printer

Mine stopped working about a week ago saying 'some parts had reached the end of their natural life'. Ok its 10 years old but worked fine until it gave up the ghost. I have had an online chat with Epson who say take it to a repair centre - well there isnt one near me and i cant afford an expensive repair. Does any one know if there is anything i can do myself easily to fix it? have rooted about on dodgy computer sites and they all say different things.Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver but that didnt help a bit.

alternatively does anyone know of a printer that will do black and white and colour prints (that uses cheap inks )that doesnt cost any more than about £60 please?
    thanksfor reading this.
    Angelina

Val thanks very much for the link - will check out the prices of the inks for those printers.
    Angelina

Comment

Hi Angelina
      I have a an old BROTHER printer and about two months ago it just refused to do anything and an error message appeared, a computer shop wanted minimum of £35 pounds to look at it, the manufacturers said take it to a dealer,(like yours did) I googled the name and model No and found a site which told me how to corrected, it was a bit confusing but it worked.

And the reason it stopped in the first place was that the head cleaner had a counter on it and stopped when it reached its limit, what I was told to do simply reset the counter to zero, and its still working fine.

Robert Purnell p.s if you cant find anything let me know and I will try to find the site again.

Comment

Robert - please can you find that site for me please and put up a link? thankyou
        Angelina

Comment

Hi again Angelina
          I had quick look and there are site that can help, are you getting an error message and if you are write exactly what the message is, is there any warning lights on, probably a red light that you have not noticed before, any other signs that might indicate the exact problem.
          robert

Comment

the printer message box says 'some parts have reached the end of their natural life'.
            and the red and green lights flash all the time- that the on'off light which is green and the red light is the one for empty paper. the manual says if both these lights are flashing it is an 'unknown error' and to contact the dealer which is why i contacted Epson.
            any ideas gratefully received.
            Angelina

Comment

Hi Angelina
              I found a few helpful sites and they all say its the counter thats the problem as it was with mine, some say buy another printer, If you go down this route try Charles Computers on E Bay, they sell and refurbish thousands of printers and I would recommend them, or go to this site "octoinkjet" Google it and they say they can sell you a kit for about £17 I think, which will solve the problem, as they say, the rest is up to you, let me know how you get on.

P.S I see you have research Scotland, I have a brickwall in Scotland.

Robert
              Last edited by maesglasssclub; 09-11-13, 12:13. Reason: changed word

Comment

Angelina the ink in my Epson lasts for ages and I print lots of census records off.

Comment

if you scroll down on this link it tells you what to do if the red and green light are flashing on your model printer

Get expert support for your Epson products. Find drivers, software, manuals, and warranty information. Contact us for personalised assistance.

Comment

Val- thanks forthe link - i am guessing from the information it is the inkpad that has got full up and so stopped working and that some counter has also stopped too.
                    Robert- Thank you very much for the help and information _ i will go and have a nosey at the sites you suggest.
                    I think the best thing you can do about your brickwall in scotland is put up a research help request and see if anyone can help you. Freecen have quite a few scottish censuses up and family search may help you too. But if they fail then please do ask on the main board.
                    thank you to everyone who has helped. I do not feel so helpless now. I may well try to dismantle the printer but will wait until i feel strong enough to cope with old ink squirting everywhere. !!!!
                    Thank you all again.
                    Angelina

Comment

Have tried to dismantle the printer but failed miserably and got quotes for fixing it - ie at least £60+VAT+parts so am looking now for a new one. its hard trying to find one that take 'compatible inks' ie cheap ones so still hunting but thanks for all the help everyone.
                      Angelina

Comment

Hi angelina
                        sorry to hear you could not fix it, but here is a tip, (it worked for me) have a look at a company called Charles computers on E bay, they sell new and reconditioned computers and printer, find one in your price range and which suits your needs, then look to see if there are any inks listed for sale on e bay at cheap prices, often people put the there inks up for sale when there old printer fails or they just buy a new one.

Robert

Comment

Thanks for that advice robert about selling the spare inks - i will try it but not got an ebay account so maybe just a postcard in local shop (soo high tech!) I think i may have found a new printer that suits me but no stock in till tuesday.
                          Last edited by angelina; 28-11-13, 19:07.
                          Angelina

Comment

Update- the printer came in stock on saturday at john lewis so ordered it online, told it would take 5 days for delivery, it turned up on monday (48 hours later) and i installed it myself!!!!!!! it is wifi enabled so can do all sorts of things that i dont need so keep ignoring its 'important updates' messages as i have windows xp and a usb cable. and have been told that updates can muck up the printer workings. so far its working fine. have printed out a word document and also a photo and both look good.
                            also managed to get a set of half price 'compatible' inks from inkshop.co.uk so when it runs out i am not stuck.
                            thankyou to everyone who helped me. much appreciated.
                            Angelina

Comment

thank goodness your sorted wouldn't do to do without that

Comment

Working...
                              X