Found him at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found him at last

I have been searching for the death of my Great Grandfather for ages and last week I had another clue .

Sidney Parsons b. 29 Apr 1870 Ventnor Isle of Wight .
    He appears on all the Census , 1911 he is with Wife and 3 Children in Cowes Isle of Wight .
    That was the last sighting of him .
    I visited his last living Grand-Daughter last week and eventuall got the last clue . Possibly Wales .
    So there was a death in Bridgend Glamorgan in Mar 1933 Ref. 11A 1185 , sent for certificate and bingo the right one .
    Registered by his Son and his address was Cowes Isle of Wight .

Never give up because the answers are all out there .

Ken

Originally posted by kenw55 View Post
    Never give up because the answers are all out there .
    Ken
    So true, Ken; and I'm pleased that you've found g.grandfather after a long search.

Comment

Aha! Another of those ancestors who set out to make our search more "interesting". So pleased for you Ken
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Well Done....great feeling isn't it. Great Grandfather found at last

Linda

Comment

So there is hope of finding my Great Grandmother's death after all!! Like yours last seen on 1911 Census though did have a glimmer when she appeared as crossed out in 1916 on a Great Uncle's army papers, but no luck so far. Could try Cheshire instead of London, food for thought as she might just have travelled to see daughter! Glad yours was a success.

Janet
          Last edited by Janet; 07-11-13, 16:22.

Comment

wonderful isn't it when it all comes together, have you put her name on here for anyone to have a look Janet?

Comment

oh what wonderful news Ken! ..like so many others there is still hope for me and my 2nd gt grannie too then....
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                wonderful isn't it when it all comes together, have you put her name on here for anyone to have a look Janet?
                Thankyou Val. I have done a trawl of possibles and have got down to about 8/10 highly likelys all in the London area, but at £9.25 I am balking at the present choice as I am sure that knowing my luck, it will be either the 10th one I send for or none of them! Until this thread I had not thought that she might just have gone to Cheshire to stay with a daughter, so that's even more possibles, which I have not checked out yet!!

I am trying to finish an Irish Project for Christmas, but after the festive seaon I might just relook and get some help then from this board as you may just be able to help me to get the list down further!

Janet

Comment

I'm sure somebody on here can help if not me, I'd love a go.

Comment

Lateral thinking is always a good ploy, Congratulations!

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                    X