Help with reading part of will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with reading part of will

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

The line read from third of the way along :
    I give and bequeath the oil portrait of Mr Thomas?????

If you click on it - it will enlarge a bit but cannot make this any bigger.

Sorry about putting two threads on this up . Can a mod delete one please?
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 04-11-13, 22:55.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

err I hesitate but possibly Truman or truman

Vera

Comment

Maybe Fairman!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have deleted your other thread Kat, though I can't view your attachment on here, can you not add it via photobucket at all?
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Have added it under the other one Julie. Still seems a bit small to read but then so is the original. I had to use a magnifying glass whilst transcribing it.

Maybe it is all one word? There is no capital letter in the middle thatI can make out. Perhaps it's not Mr at all.

This is the complete will :
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

The words I need are on line 15
          Thanks for looking all.

I thought the oil portrait may be of her father. I'm a hopeful Harriet LOL!

This is what I have transcribed already . It might help someone see how the letters were formed.

This is the last will and testament of me Jane Maria Killik of Croft Lodge Acton in the county of Middlesex widow In as much as my several married children and also my daughter Rosa Jane Maria Killik hast been already provided for I give and bequeath all my household furniture plate except as herein after bequeathed jewelry silver books china money and other effects whatsoever and wheresoever equally between my daughters Emily Mary Ann Killik and Clara Louisa Killik share and share alike But in the event of either of them marrying in my lifetime then I give and bequeath the whole of the said household furniture plate except as hereinafter bequeathed jewellery silver books china money and other effects whatsoever and wheresoever unto the other of them remaining unmarried. I give a _____silver cup which has been in our family for several generations unto my son George Joynt Killik and I trust if he has any respect for my memory that he will not sell or dispose of it but let it ______ to his oldest son. I give and bequeath unto my daughter Annette Augusta Joynt my six ___spoons marked ____. I give and bequeath the oil portrait of Mr. Thomas ________ unto my son in law the Reverend Samuel Francis Wingfield Clarke Homfray. In the event of both my said daughters marrying in my lifetime I give and bequeath all my said household furniture plate jewellery silver books china money and other effects whatsoever and wheresoever except specific legacies as aforesaid unto such of my children as shall be living at my decease equally between them share and share alike. I appoint the said Samuel Francis Wingfield Clarke Homfray Executor of this my will. In witness ________ I have set my hand this twenty third day of March one thousand eight hundred and sixty five == Jane Maria Killik ______ published and ______ by the said Jane Maria Killik the test(arist) as her last will and testament in the presence of us proved at the same time who at her request in her presence and in the presence of each other all being present at he same time have _____ our names as witnesses Henry C. ___, _______, __ Ann Fields, Fred B B __ ler, __Clerk.
          Last edited by Katarzyna; 04-11-13, 23:08.
          Kat

Comment

I think it's "Thomas Lawrence". Compare the "L" in Louisa, the "aw" in Son-in-law, the "ren" in Children and the "ce" of presence. The final e seems to have been clipped as it's at the margin of the document.

Cheers,Richard

Comment

I can see what you mean Richard, thanks for your imput. I was hoping it would be someone in the family but haven't come across that name......yet.
              Kat

Comment

Kat if you click on the full will in PB it brings up a much larger version [hopefully this'll work]

and the bit about the spoons, it looks like TABLE to me and that they are marked with some initials. {maybe MK}
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

My attempts:

chased silver cup

in witness whereof

published and declared

Testatrix

have subscribed our names

Carol

Comment

Working...
                  X