Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Origins v4

Hi
    I am new to this forum but have done a considerable amount of research on my 'families', all this was done quite a few years ago. I now wish to access this information which was added to Parsons Technology's 'Family Origins' v.4, you can imagine my worry that my current PC software will not load the software disc saying "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running."
    Help please - any suggestions on how to update this software or else transfer my information on to a more modern programme would be much appreciated.
    Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.
    Have to admit that Family Origins is not a program I have come across before!
    There is a Rootsweb mailing list for Family Origin users - it might be worth joining to see if anyone can advise.
    Just click on the mailing list you want to subscribe to and an email box will appear - add the word "subscribe" in the body of the message and send.

I would imaging that somehow you need to export a GEDCOM file from the program so that you can import the data into whatever software you are now using - what you probably need to do is to find a Family Origin user that could do this file export for you.
    Elaine

Comment

Working...
    X